With three consecutive state-level silver medals from for acting in 2010; a state award for best playwrite, and countless rounds of applause; Shweta Pendse, no doubt, is a shining star of Nagpur's cultural scenario.
Unlike other People who start with amateur theatre and then step into professional plays, Shweta Pendse made her debut with noted senior artist Prabhakar Panshikar in his play " To Mi Navech" during her school days. Though it was a very small character, playing "Venu" with Panshikar proved to be a lucky omen and since then there was no looking back for her as an actress. Majhiya Mana, a Marathi play written by her, was a record-breaker in both State festivals (Rajya Natya Spardha, and Kamgar Natya Spardha 2009-10). Shweta’s proficient playwriting skills won several awards, not only for her well-studied script, but also for other brightly depicted characters.
Born on 8th September,1983, Shweta Pendse has proved herself as an extremely talented actress in a very short span of time. She ruled the hearts of audience with her acting in various marathi plays like Tarpan, Aadhar kasa shodhava, The other side of midnght, Majhiya Mana,...and the list goes on...
On the other hand, she kept learning Kathak, and Indian Classical Vocal and has many stage performances to her credit. The recipient of several awards for Acting, Calligraphy, Dancing and Singing, Shweta Pendse is a multi-faceted yet a humble personality, continually praised for her commitment to quality and unyielding drive for excellence.
A lecturer in Chemistry by profession, Shweta Pendse has a passion for stage, which she worships by her consistent and sincere work in theater.
Awards For Best Action:
- Majhiya Mana- HAT TRICK OF SILVER MEDALS ( ROUPYA PADAKS ) [2009-2010] awarded by State Government
- The Other Side Of Midnight - Silver Medal by State Government
- Majhiya Mana- Maharashtra Kamgar kalyan Mandal (TWICE)
- Tarpan - By State Government
- Phoolwa- P.L. Deshpande Trophy, State level one act play competition
- Phoolwa- Smita Patil Memorial, State level one act play competition
- Phoolwa- Inter-bank one act play competition
- Aadhar Kasa Shodhava- Late Manohar Polkamwar Memorial, by Akhil Bhartiya Marathi Natya Parishad
- Best Marathi Actress of the College-2003, Leela Shahane Deshmukh Memorial Award
- Inter-collegiate mono-acting competition
- Best Writer Award-2010, Certificate and Cash Prize awarded by Maharashtra Kamgar kalyan Mandal for the play ‘Majhiya Mana’
- Best direction award intercollegiate skit competition-2006
- Winner of “Yuva of the Josh”, Intercollegiate youth festival-2005
- ”Orator Of Josh”, 2005, 2006, Intercollegiate Oration competition organized by Rotary Club
- Leader of Best team of Intercollegiate youth festival
- Best Choreography: Intercollegiate Group Dance competition by Rotary Club
- First prize in wild life photography competition
Involvement in literary Activities:
- Presentation of Swatantryaveer Sawarkar’s Poetry through the programme: " Anaadi Mee Ananta Mee"
- Presentation of poetries of Indira Santa with Dr. Pradnya Apte through the programme-“ Mrunmayee- Indira Santa: Jeevan Ani Kavya"
- Presentation of poetries and life sketch of Ba. Bha. Borkar in 83rd Akhil bharatya Marathi sahitya sammelan through the programme :“Jeevan Yana Kalale Ho”
Experience as an actress:
Full Length Plays:
- Majhiya Mana
- The Other side of Midnight
- Prem Chalu ahe
- Soor Samradnee
- Aadhar Kasa Shodhava
- Idam na mama (Hindi)
- Smaran Tujhe Sphuran Amha
- Maajgharatil Mati
- Andhalya Khidkya
- Narihridayavilasaha (Sanskrit)
- Aaicha Patra Haravla
- Vikasatu Esha Kalika (Sanskrit)
Experience as a writer:
- Full length plays: Majhiya Mana, Eka Pavsali Sandhyakali, Only tilL Sunrise...(Marathi), Ekach putra havay!
- One act plays: Lapandav, Thank you loadshading....,
- Short plays: Aaicha Patra Haravla, Punashcha
Languages Known :
Hindi & English Fluently, Marathi as mother tongue, Bengali
Opposite G S College,
Nagpur-440 010(Maharashtra State)