Vishal Moghe [Gwalior-Agra Gharana]
Vishal Moghe hails from the city of Gwalior, where it is said that Hindustani Khayal Gayaki was born. He started singing at a very early age of 5 but his formal training started much later under the guidance of Dr. Smita Sahastrabuddhe & Dr. Jayant Khot. Later he got the blessed guidance of Late Pt. Balasaheb Poochwale of the Gwalior Gharana. His musical journey began from Gwalior and continued as he came to Pune for further professional development. He finished Masters in Music with an Outstanding Grade from Lalit Kala Kendra, Gurukul, University of Pune, as a student of Pt. Arun Kashalkar and still continues to be his disciple; he has accompanied his Guru throughout the country for various programs. He is also privileged to acquire Gharanedar training from Pt. Sharad Sathe, Mumbai.
Vishal has participated and won various competitions and has been awarded with renowned scholarships. He has performed at many major and minor cities of India and won accolades for the same. He has also been a part of Classical Music & Dance groups and has traveled to Srilanka for the same. Blessed with a soulful voice, he has also given Playback for the critically acclaimed Marathi film “Bayo” for which the music was composed by renowned musician Sh. Bhaskar Chandavarkar and the Director was Sh. Gajendra Ahire.
Vishal is a professional and dedicated trainer of Indian Classical Music as he firmly believes in the ideology of Teaching is learning. He resides in the cultural hub, Pune.
Performances & Travel
- Individual performances at Gwalior, Mumbai, Pune, Nashik, Bhopal, Indore, Jhansi, Sagar, etc
- Group Performances at Sri Lanka, Bhopal, Mumbai, Nashik, Pune, Ahmednagar, etc
Awards & Accomplishments
- First Prize in the Youth festival “Indradhanushya”, organized by the Mumbai University, Government of Maharashtra
- First Prize in the Dadar- Matunga Cultural Center’s Khayal Singing Contest, Mumbai
- Second Prize in the Sangeet Sadhana Khayal Gayan Spardha, Sangli
- Second Prize in the Govindrao Gune All India Khayal Gayan Competition, organized by Deval Club, Kolhapur
- Second Prize in the State Level Youth Festival Gwalior, organized by M. P. State Government
- Second Prize in the State Level Youth Festival “Indradhanushya 04”, Nagpur,organized by Government of Maharashtra
- Third Prize in the Vasantrao Chandorkar Music Competition, Jalgaon (2006)
Second Prize in the All India Khayal Gayan Competition, organized by Brihanna Maharashtra Mandal, Rajkot
- Sawai Gandharva Scholarship from Arya Sangeet Prasarak Mandal, Mumbai(2007-2010)
- Scholarship from The Arts & Culture Department, Government of India (2004-2006)
- Scholarship from The Tansen Sangeet Academy, Gwalior, M.P. (2003)
10, Krishna Residency, Near Suryadatta College,
Patil Nagar, Bavdhan,
Pune - 411021