Vijay Patil [Kirana Gharana]
Vijaykumar is a talented young vocalist of “KIRANA GHARANA”. He is learning Hindustani classical vocal from his Guru Pt.Kaivalyakumar Gurav. High pitched, natural phirat, and he is blessed with a mellifluous voice. Under the able guidance of Pt.Kaivalyakumar Gurav, he is mastering the intricacies of “KIRANA GHARANA”. Apart from Hindustani vocal he sings Marathi Natya sangeet, Kannada Ranga geet, Abhang, Dasara pada, Bhava geet, Vachana with equal expertise.
Some of his Achievements
- In the year 2004 he got 1st prize in Hindustani vocal which.was organized by Hubli-Dharwad Municipal Corporation and awarded with “Rajyotsava Yuva Puraskar”.
- He was awarded the “Kala Pratibhotsava Yuva Puraskar” in the year 2005 by the Dept. of “Kannada and Culture”.
- Tamankar music foundation awarded him the “Tamankar Award” in the year 2007.
- Got 1st prize in state level Natya sangeet competition which was held by A.I.R.
- Won 1st prize in “Harballab” Sangeet samaroh, Jalandhar; Punjab in 2008.
- He won 1st prize in the state level as well as national level youth festival held in Anna malai university, Tamilnadu. He was felicitated by the Governor of Tamilnadu on that occasion.
Vijaykumar has performed in many prestigious concerts and he has been appreciated by the connoisseurs all over the country. He has performed in Savai Gandharva Mahotsav, Kundgol; Dharwad utsav, Hampi utsav, Swar vilas sangeet sabha, Vadodhara; Aurangabad sangeet sammelan, HaraBallab sangeet samaroh, Jalandhar; Dasara Fest, Mysore; Araadhana Mahotsav, Mantralayam; Daasa sahitya, Tirupati; and many other reputed places in India.
He is also a good actor. He has acted in many serials and stage plays. “A ooru E ooru” which was telecast in Kasturi channel is one of them. He has composed and sung for many dramas like Ilidu ba tayi, Ekalavya Ondakshara, Mruchakatika, Sante. He has recorded devotional songs for Kadrolli Math, & this CD was released by H,ble Chief Minister Sri. Yadiyurappa. Vijaykumar is a founder of Aavartan, yuva sangeeth sabha. It mainly focusses on providing a platform for the budding artists to exhibit their invaluable talents.
Many stalwarts like Late Dr. Gangubai Hanagal, Late Ustad Bale khan, Pt.Sangameshwar Gurav, Pt.M Venkatesh kumar, Pt.Rajiv Taranath, Ustad Fayaz khan & Singh bandhus’ have appreciated his music and blessed him for his career.