As a child when her mother sang Bhajans and father played the flute, she listened to them in rapt attention. This first response to the magic of musical notes became a serious involvement and a commitment for her in later life.
With the encouragement of her parents she started taking lessons in music at a tender age and by nine she began singing before a small audience around her home. Her serious Study of the Indian classical music started under guidance of noted musician in Wardha ( Maharashtra ).
Another stint of ten years under the tutelage of Late.Shri Madhavrao Joshi of Indore was very fruitful for her. Intrinsic qualities of Khayal gayaki and desiring to assimilate something new and effective about Khayal gayaki, she was taking lessons from Late Pt.Vamanrao Rajurkar of Gwalior Gharana(father in law of Vidushi Malini Rajurkar) and Padmabhushan Pt.C.R.Vyas.ano Pt.Balasaheb Puchhawale)
During recent years Shobha has to a great degree, elaborated the technique of developing Raga in stages and display in his subtleties in a vivid style of her own.
She presents a Raga in its clarity and entirely adorning and beautifying it with the splendid network of its swaras and acquainting her audience her audience with sweet melodious compositions.
Shobha is Gold medalist in M.A. (vocal music) and in M.PHIL, aquired 93% marks. She performed in many prestigious concerts.She is now taking lessons from Pt.Ramdas Mungre.
- Bharat Bhavan – Bhopal
- Madhya Pradesh Sangeet Samaroh- Jabalpur
- National Centre for Performing Arts –Mumbai
- Ustad Amir Khan Sangeet Samaroh-Indore.
- Brihanmaharashtra Akhil Bharatiya Sangeet Sammelan - Delhi
- Sawai Gandharv Music Festival-Kundgol
- Haveri Art circle –karnatak
- Hubli Art Circle-Karnataka
- Kanakvali Sangeet Sabha-Karnataka
- Karavali festival-Manglore
- Sangeet Bharati-Manglore
- Kalabharati Mumbai
- Jalna sangeet utsav-Marathwada
- Sankat Mochan sangeet Samaroh –Varanasi
- Bhaskar rao Morone smruti sangeet samaroh –Nagpur
- Kalopasak Sangh –Amraoti
- Gunijan Baithak-Mumbai
- Saptak and Sankalp-Ahmedabad
- Brihan Maharashtra's 51 th Adhiveshan –New Delhi
- Sangeet Samaroh-Bikaner
- Sangeet Samaroh-Udaipur
- Sangeet Samaroh-Jamnagar and Porbandar
- Pt.Jitendra Abhisheki Sangeet samaroh-Ujjain
and many other music festivals in Maharashtra, U.P, M.P, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh, Delhi, Karnataka, Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan , Goa etc.
variety of programms
- marathi natyageet based --- marmabandhatali thev
- samartha geet gatha-based on das bodh
- malhar ke prakar
- swarpunyai-hindi- marathi bhajan
- for basant utsav—basant ke prakar
73 /a Bhawanipur Colony,
Near Annpurna Temple
Indore (M.P.) India-452009