Born in an illustrious family of Music performers and knowledgeable musicologists, Shivani Pramod Marulkar is a young artiste of great promise. She was born in 1985 in Pune and since her tender age of 5 she started taking fundamental training from her veteran grandfather Pt. Rajabhau Deo who was an accomplished performer and Guru and who had evolved a specific and extensive 'Samagra Gayaki', an aesthetic synthesis of Gwalior, Kirana and Jaipur gharanas.
Since last ten years she is being groomed, through arduous and vigilant training, by her mother Dr. Alka Deo Marulkar- an eminent vocalist of Classical and Semi-Classical music and a knowledgeable Guru.
Blessed with an extraordinary mellifluous voice, Shivani is also the granddaughter of an accomplished musicologist Late Pt. N.R. Marulkar, whose erudition in his writings on music claimed him respect and recognition in the world of musicology.
Shivani is a recipient of senior talent scholarship from the Dept. of Culture, Ministry of Human Resources, Govt. of India and has been awarded with the prestigious Pt. Ratnakant Ramnathkar award in Goa, and Mrs. Usha Mujumdar scholarship through Gaanwardhan Pune. She is also been honoured with the very presitigious title- Surmani by Sur Singar Samsad, Mumbai.
She is a graduate in Psychology with distinction and completed her MA (Hindustani Classical Vocal) with distinction from Shivaji University, Kolhapur
As a young talent, Shivani has regaled the audience in various Music concerts and conferences throughout the country. To name some:-
- Kesarbai Kerkar Sangeet Mahotsav, Panaji-Goa
- Gaanwardhan, Pune
- Parsekar Sangeet Mahotsav, Pernem, Goa
- City Club, Jaipur
- Dadar Matunga Cultural Centre, Mumbai
- Shivaji University, Kolhapur
- Arts Circle, Belgaum
- Mogubai Kurdikar, Madgaon Goa
- Gandharva Mahavidyalaya Yuva Sangeet Mahotsav, Pune
- Anahat Naad, Madgaon- Goa
- Bharatiya Sangeet Vidyalaya, Dharwad
- NCPA Mumbai and Pune
- Sur Singar Samsad- Mumbai
Music Conference in Hubli.
Shivani has traveled the country and abroad (Canada and Europe) as a vocal accompanist to her mother and Guru Dr. Alaka Deo Marulkar's numerous performances in the concerts and conferences . She has also performed in the main projects conceptualized and musically composed by her Guru, to name a few:-
- Amrutghat- compositions on the lyrics of a legendary marathi poet B.R. Tambe.
- Premanjali- compositions on the poetry of Saint Kabir and Saint Meera.
- Malhar Raag Mala, Barsan Lagi etc.
House no. 247, "Kamodini",
Ponda, Goa-403 401.