Shishir has regaled and enthralled his audience across the country and abroad through his soulful and unique style of singing. With rich, highly emotive, beautifully timbered, sonorously resonant mellifluous voice ; Shishir owns an enduring Aura of Charm, respectability and a multifaceted personality. Having an experience of more than 2000 live show performances, Shishir excels in various forms of music ranging from Ghazals, Bhajans, Hindi Film Songs to regional music. Nearly 100 audio cassettes / ACD’s / VCD’s in various categories have been released by regional as well as reputed music companies like T-Series, Venus etc. He has lent his voice and composed music for several Jingles as well as for various television serials. He is specialized in total conceptualization & production of musical theme shows, commercial jingles and audio / video music albums.
Shishir was born in a family with musical background hence he was exposed to music right from Childhood. Mother Smt Pratima Parkhie, B.A., MFA, Music and Sangeet Visharad is a famous vocalist Music teacher and a graded artist of All India Radio since last 35 Yrs. Father Late Shri Sharad Parkhie who was a Chief Architect at Bokaro, SAIL, also was a good music Composer and a great Music Lover, hence both parents were a great source of inspiration.
Shishir started learning vocal music and tabla at the age of six years and set foot on the stage soon after walking away with prizes and awards in several music competitions for Various Categories. He was invited to perform at the National Concert held by AIR during the international year of child. He performed for his first solo Ghazal concert at the age of 15 years. Performed on AIR as a child artiste, followed by Yuva Vani & now an approved & graded artist of All India Radio and Doordarshan. Appeared on National network on several occasions for different musical programs.
Shishir continued to Learn Vocal Classical & Light Music and Keyboard thereafter. He also continued to be a part of various musical groups & performed several Ghazal Shows while pursuing Batchelor of Engineering (Electronics) at Nagpur and now is a Playback Singer, Music Director, Live Show Performer & organizer.
Highly expressive style of singing with classical base lead Shishir to specialize in singing Ghazals His proficiency in Urdu lends an ethereal charm to his rendition of Ghazal & Nazms. The deep timbre of his mellifluous voice and crystal clear renditions are the hallmark of Shishirs ‘Gayaki’. His ability to establish a rapport with his audience makes the evening a memorable experience.
Some Mmemorable Ghazal Performances :
- Nairobi, Kenya , Africa 30Th Nov 20i08.
- Jaipur/ Beawar/ Pune Dec 2008
- The Marriott , Juhu, Mumbai July 08 & May Fair Banquet , Worli, Mumbai Jun 08
- Ujjain Nov 2006
- Damodar Hall, Parel Mumbai & The Club, Andheri, Feb. 05.
- Shows for UB Group at Nasik, Dec. 04.
- Ramoji Film City, Hyderabad, Nov. 04.
- Indian Oil, Mathura, 31st Dec. 1989.
- Bokaro Club Ltd., Dec. 1990.
- Performed continuously in the Middle East from Jan. to Aug. 1999.
- Was invited to perform at the B.M.M. convention, Baltimore, USA, 1993.
- Amrosia Resort, Pune. Dec. 01.
- Ashok Leyland, Product Launch Function. April 03.
- Ordnance Factories, Nagpur, Chandrapur.
- For prestigious companies, WCL, L & T Ltd., ACC Cement, BHEL, BPCL, IOC, at various places.
- Performed for various Clubs, Organizations and Mandals at different places.
- For BPCL Pure for sure campaign at various places.
- Successful private ghazal concerts performed at various places all over India like Bangalore, Pune, Mumbai, Indore, Ranchi, Raipur, Bilaspur, Jaipur, Mathura, Bhopal, Hyderabad, Chandrapur, Akola, Amravati, Wardha, Ujjain, Indore etc.
- hazal Performances attended and appreciated by various dignitaries like Shri Vilasrao Deshmukh, Chief Minister, Maharashtra State, Late Shri P. V. Narshima Rao, Former Prime Minister of India, Several Members of Parliament and Members of Legislative Assembly at various programs.
- “Bahar-E-Ghazal” concert before invited audience at Kamptee Military Cantt. Telecast on National Network – April –2004.
- Performance at National convention of Doordarshan Technical Heads. Oct. 03.
Other Recent Perofrmances: Orchestra/Sugam Sangeet/ Devotional / Theme Shows etc.
Performed and organized several shows in above categories at various places all over India and abroad, some of them are listed below :
- Invited to perform at Khandwa on the occasion of Birth Anniversary of Late Shri Kishore Kumar in the program titled “Phoolan Ke Rang Se” and was also felicitated there by the Govt. of Madhya Pradesh. 4th August. 04.
- Show titled “Jeena Isi Ka Naam Hai” with Playback Singer Uttara Kelkar and Film star Raza Murad. April 05.
- Swarutsav-2005 by Saptak – A program of old film melodies. Jan. 05.
- Several performances in “Sab Ka Malik Ek” musical show on Sai Baba.
- ‘Phir Chhidi Raat’, a show on Music Director Khyyam’s Compositions.
- Several performances in HARMONY, a tribute to the legends of Indian Film Music.
- Performances with film star Varsha Usgaonkar.
- Ek Akela – A program on music director Jaidev’s songs.
- Organized several theme shows and also performed with various leading musical groups as a freelance singer.
|T- Series||Ahteraam (Ghazals) - A tribute to legendary poets.|
|Raah Sai Ne Sachchi Dikhai Hai ACD|
|Sri Sai Smaran Stuti Paath ACD|
|Tere Naam Anek Tu Ek Hi Hai & VCD & Audio Cassettes|
|Aao Chalein Koradi VCD with Anuradha Paudwal,|
|Sri Mahalaxmi Jagdamba Koradi Amritwani,|
|Bolo Jai Siya Ram Mahima Sadgurunath Ki & VCD & Audio Cassettes|
|Avtar Meherbaba Ki Amar Katha.|
|Hum Bharat Ki Shaan Hein, (with Suresh Wadkar & Sadhana Sargam)|
|Buddha Vandana Karu (Marathi)|
|Sheel Sugandha (Marathi), alongwith Uttara Kelkar|
|Pratibinba Krantisuryache (Marathi) alongwith Uttara Kelkar|
|Times Music||Times Music ;- Annayog Bhojan Mantrasbr|
|Venus||Sri Gajanan Maharaj Amritwani|
|Prism||Gheu De Naa (Marathi)|
Rashtrasantanchi Amritawni (Marathi) R-Series, Nishstra Sainikancha Sardar & Ashish Music Co., Amar Shahid Fauji & Guriji Music World, Sahara - Genisis Music Ltd., Samudayik Dhyan Evam Prarthana, R-Series (Vocals & Music Direction), Holi Ke Rang, J- Series, Baras Gai Barsaat, Geet & Ghazal album by Musireca (Vocals & Composition), Ghazal Remix, East West Music Co., Kishor Kumar Versions, East West Music CO., Shivba Tera Jai Jaikar - (Vocals & Music Direction), Daaku Aur Bhagwan Abhi Music Co. (Music Direction & Vocals). Buddha Naman, Ashish Music Company, Dhamma Kranti, Mahamantra, Shri Narayan Guru, Sab Milke Prarthana-R Series, Sailani Amritwani, Mela Aaya, Tuhi Ram Tuhi Rahim, Guru Mera Kalpataru & Many more.