Ranjani is in the forefront of young Hindustani classical vocalists in the country. Endowed with a rich vibrant voice coupled with immense dedication to her chosen vocation, Ranjani's performances have earned her wide acclaim for powerful exposition with a highly melodic appeal. She was initiated into Hindustani music at a young age by her mother, Vijaya. Her formal training began under the tutelage of the Late Pt. Kashinath Shankar Bodas from Kanpur, followed by Smt. Veena Sahasrabuddhe in Pune and finally from Pt. Ulhas Kashalkar at the prestigious ITC Sangeet Research Academy (SRA), Kolkata. She has also trained under Vidushi Girija Devi, acquiring a rich repertoire of Thumri, Dadra, Chaiti and Kajri. In addition to traditional bandishes, Ranjani has a vast repository of beautiful and intricate compositions including taranas set to tune by contemporary composers like Pt. Balwantrai Bhatt, Pt. Vasant Thakar, and Pt. Ramashraya Jha. Devotional Bhajans of Meera, Surdas, Kabir (Nirguni Bhajans) and Tulsidas have been a part of her concert repertoire since long.
Ranjani has won many awards and fellowships, prominent among them being the Central Government Scholarship for Hindustani Classical Music, Govt. of India for the period 1998-2000. In recognition of her talent she was awarded the coveted resident scholarship of the ITC-Sangeet Research Academy, Kolkata from Aug. 2001 through Mar.2006. She is also a graded artiste of All India Radio since 2001.
She completed her Bachelors degree in Physics. Her acknowledged expertise as a concert artiste is complimented by deep theoretical insights into Hindustani music, acquiring academic degrees such as a Sangeet Visharad from the Gandharva Mahavidyalaya and an M.A in music from the Lalit Kala Kendra, University of Pune where she was ranked 1st. She was awarded the UGC Junior Research fellowship in 2006 and is currently pursuing a PhD in music from the University of Pune.
- Vishnu Digambar Jayanti Samaroha, New Delhi
- "Uttaradhikar", Madhya Pradesh
- Dadar Matunga Cultural Centre, Mumbai
- "Sangeet Pratibha", Sangeet Natak Academy, Vishakapatnam
- IITF, Pragati Maidan, New Delhi
- Arpan Festival, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi
- ITC Sangeet Sammelans in Kolkata, Bangalore, Chennai and Hyderabad
- Nehru Centre, London
- Learnquest Academy, Boston
- "Spirit of youth" festival, Music Academy, Chennai
- Karnatak Sangh, Mumbai
- Deval Club, Kolhapur
- Shivananda Swami Punyatithi Sangeet Mahotsav in Aundh, Satara
- Gandharva Mahavidyalaya, Pune and Vashi
- Kaladarshan, Ahmadnagar
- Goregaon Music Circle, Mumbai
- Acharya Bodas Centenary Concert, Kanpur
- Pandit Rajaram Manjrekar Smriti Samaroha, Goa
- "Vocalist Ranjani Ramachandran was an apt choice for opening the festival. Her singing was an impressive instance of classical poise and dignity. Her voice was robust and tuneful; and her articulation of swaras delightfully correct and open..... " Review, Vishnu Digambar Jayanti Samaroha 2007, Sruti'
- "She exposed the raga's hidden folds methodically and with highly melodic appeal…her taans were bold and intricate..." The Hindu
- "Ranjani's rich promise and potential, besides dedicated commitment, will surely win her meaningful public acclaim" Sunday Express
- "The sancharas in the tarasaptak were precise and forceful and Ranjani displayed good variety in bol tans, The Hindu
- "Swar ki sachchayi, bandish ki spashtata… is gayika ki sadhna prakat karti hai," Navbharat Times, Mumbai
Flat No. 12, Khagol, Panchvati,
Pashan, Pune- 411008