Mukul started learning Hindustani classical vocal at the age of 10. His initial training started under the able guidance of Shri N.G. Paramane. He picked up the nuances of music under the guidance of Mrs. Sukhada Kane, Kolhapur while pursuing Engineering studies. After his graduation, Pandit Vikas Kashalkar (Gwalior Gharana) took Mukul under his tutelage. Mukul has completed his Master's Degree in Music (from Lalit Kala Kendra, Pune University) with a top rank under the guidance of Pt. Vikas Kashalkar.
Presently, Mukul is taking taleem under the watchful eyes of Pandit Arun Kashalkar of Gwalior-Agra Gharana.
Mukul also takes guidance from Pandit Sharad Sathe on traditional compositions of 'Gwalior Gharana'.
He is also actively engaged in design and development of ShadjaMadhyam.com, a complete music portal dedicated to Indian classical music.
- BE Mechanical, First Class with Distinction, 2001
- Diploma in Software Engineering, 2003
- Master's degree in Music with a top rank, at Lalit Kala Kendra, Pune University, 2009
- Scholarship - Dadar Matunga Cultural Center (DMCC), Mumbai, Since April '03 till date.
- National Scholarship - Center for Cultural Resources and Training (CCRT), New Delhi, '93 - '98
Mukul has participated in all major state level competitions of classical vocal music and has bagged prizes from various prestigious organizations.
- Pt Gangadharbua Pimpakhare Puraskar, Jun 2011.
- Gold Medal for the Top rank in MA (Music), University of Pune
- "Ravindra Purskar" on the occasion on 150th birth anniversary of Vishakavi Ravindranath Tagore, from Bengayi Sasnkruti Samsad, Pune, May 2010
- MA Music (Lalit Kala Kendra, Pune University) - 1st, May '09
- Vamandaji State Level Open Classical Vocal Competition, Kanakavali - 1st Prize, Nov '05
- 'Govindrao Gune Classical Vocal Competition', Kolhapur - 2nd Prize, Jan '06
- 'Yuva Karandak', Classical Vocal Competition, Pune - 1st Prize, Jan '07
- 'Surshastra' and Rotary Club of Thane (N) Classical Vocal Open Competition - 2nd Prize, Feb '05
- Balkrishnabuwa Ichalkaranjikar Smriti Pratishthan, Ichalkaranji - 2nd Prize, Dec '06
Most Appreciated Concerts
- Tilak Smarak Mandir, Pune, Jun 12, 2011 on the occasion of Yuwa Kalakar Award from Pt Gangadharbua Pimpalkhare trust.
- Ganesh Utsav, Jhansi, Aug 29 '09
- Jagannath Temple, Bokaro (Steel City), Feb 14 '09: Raag Basant
- Sankalp Mahotsav '08, Sudarshan Rangmanch, Pune, Sept 27 '08
- Dadar Matunga Cultural Center, Mumbai, May 18 '08
- Lalit Kala Kendra Annual Sangeet Mahotsav, Gandharva Mahavidyalay, Pune Apr 15 '08: Raag Nand and Ashtapadi (Raag Bahar)
- 'Ganmaitra', Pune Jan 25 '08: Raag Shree, Des, Raag Nayaki Kanada
- Megh-Sagar Utsav Nov 4 '07: Raag Purvi, Raag Bhoopali
- Dyanesh Sangeet Vidyalay Vardhapan Din, Alandi Oct 14 '07: Raag LalitaGauri
- Tejas Hall, Pune Feb 10 '07: Raag Purvi, Raag Hameer
- Performed in 'Gandhi Katha Geet' by Shri Naraynbhai Desai. Recorded live at Nehru Stadium, Pune [Feb 10-16 '07] Audio/Video CDs available
- Broadcast on AIR, Mumbai: Raag Hameer Nov 04 '06
- Dadar Matunga Cultural Center, Apr '06: Raag Gaudmalhar and Raag Rayasa Kanada
- Niwara Hall, Pune Mar '06: Raag Bhimapalasi, Raag Yaman
- Vamandaji Smriti Pratishthan, Kanakawali Nov '05: Raag Bihag
- Concert at Phadnis Wada, Bhor on Bhadrapad Pratipada Aug '02: Raag Shyamkalyan
14, Krishna Residency,
near Suryadatta college,
Patil Bagar, Bawdhan,
Pune - 411021