Indian Classical and Semi-classical vocalist, born in 1980, Moumita was initiated to Hindustani Classical Music by Lt.Pt.A.Kannan under whom she learned for few years, since then, she has been learning from Sri Anjan Majumdar. She possesses an outstanding voice and has a distinguishing ‘Gayaki’ of her own. She is a national scholarship holder in Khayal from The Deptt. of Culture of Indian Govt.. Winner of many prestigious competitions of Classical and semi-classical vocal, Moumita, a graded artist of All India Radio in Khayal and Thumri-dadra, has been performing in many prestigious concerts in and outside India. She is an empanelled artist of EZCC (Eastern Zonal Cultural Centre).
- Moumita has performed in the periodical programme organized by 'The Doverlane Music Conference' in the year 2002,
- Swar Vilas(Gujrat) in 2004 and 2005,
- Concert organized by APMC and RAF, Alhamra Theatre Hall, Lahore, Pakistan on 22nd March, 2008
- Concert organized by Sampoorna, Karachi, Pakistan on 25th March, 2008,
- Swar Ganga Music Festival, Thane in Nov. 2007
- India International Centre, Delhi in Dec. 2009
- Bhavan’s cultural Centre, Mumbai and Dadar Matunga Cultural Centre, Mumbai in Jan. 2008
- Bharatiya Samskriti Samsad, Kolkata, on 21st Nov. 2008,
- Satyananda Devayatan, on 13th Feb., 2009
- The Youth Conference on Indian Classical Music organized by Subhas Sanskriti Parishad, Kolkata in 2003
- Aanandi’s Annual Classical Music Conference in Kolkata in 2005 and 2006
- Dhwani’s Annual Classical Music Conference at Murshidabad in 2006
- Chhondobani’s Annual Music Conference in Kolkata in 2007
- Madhyami’s Classical Music Conference in 2007,
- Concert organized by P&M Records in 2007 on the occasion of her CD release
She has also performed as a title music artist in ‘Dhondo’ (a Telefilm on Tara Music),background vocalist in ‘Porojibon’ (Telefilm on Tara Music) and ‘Shudhu Tomari Jonno’ (short telefilm on Etv Bangla). Presently performing as a regular artist of Tara Music, she has also performed for various TV channels like Etv Bangla, Zee Bangla, Tara Music, Doordarshan Kolkata.
Academically she is a first class graduate in Computer Science (hons.) from Calcutta University. She is also a first class post graduate in Classical Vocal Music from Rabindra Bharati University.
Some of her achievements are, winning the first position at well as the championship award for Khayal and Thumri in The Doverlane Music Competition in the years 2002 and 2005 respectively. She was given the honour to perform at the inauguration ceremony of Doverlane Music Conference on its Golden Jubilee celebration in 2002. She has been conferred the title of “Adwitiya 2004” in classical vocal, in the competition organized by Anandabazar Patrika and Shalimar. 2nd runners up in the All India based khayal competition by Swar Vilas, Gujrat. Moumita is also a winner of “Gaan Antaheen”, a music competition on Doordarshan Kolkata. She has 3 music albums to her credit, an album from HMV titled “Ei Prothom” on Bengali Modern songs released in 2000, from Music 2000 titled “Journey of a musical soul” on khayal released in 2006, thumri-dadra, and from P&M Records titled “Solely musical…a musical soul…” on thumri-dadra released in 2007. Very recently her music was broadcasted on World Satellite Radio on the Radio Gandharva channel, All India Radio of Western Region of India, Surtarang on UK-FM and Washington Bangla Radio-USA where she has also been featured.
351 Dum Dum Park,
Tank no. 4, Flat no. 15,
4th Floor, Kolkata-700055.