Aalok Prakash Joshi
Aalok Prakash Joshi, born on 25th August 1981, has had a keen interest in music since childhood.
He has had his basic training under his mother, Smt. Anita Prakash Joshi.
His serious training began under Pt. Dinakar Rao Panshikar, the foremost disciple of Pt. Nivrutti Bua Sarnaik, a Doyen of the Jaipur Gharana, in the year 2003.
He has been under rigorous training under Pt. Panshikar since 2003 for learning the finer tenets of Jaipur Gayaki, the complex Raga and Taan structure that this gharana represents.
Has been awarded the prestigious Scholarship from the Human Resource Ministry, Gonernment of India in Vocal Classical Music in the year 2005 for tenure of two years.
Has also bagged prizes at various esteemed classical music competitions, such as:
- Dadar-Matunga Cultural Center, 2006.
- Vasantrao Achrekar Sanskrutik Pratishthan, Kankavli, 2006.
- Sri Rang Kalaniketan, Vile Parle, 2006.
- Srirang Kalaniketan, Talegaon, 2006.
- Deval Club, Kolhapur, 2006.
- Specializes in performances of different and Complex ragas keeping true to the Jaipur Gharana Structure.
- A theme based solo program by the name “Santa Wani” consisting of Abhangas and Bhaktigeet, Nirguni Bhajans.
- Performance as a part of the inaugural function of Durga Pooja for the Rabindra Vikas Manch in Oct 2008.
- Performance on the occasion of Ekadashi for the Ambernath Sangeet Sabha in July 2008.
- Performance at a book release function at Ambernath in Jan, 2008.
- Ambernath Sangeet Sabha in Aug 2007.
- Performance for youth council, Kalyan Gayan Samaj in Jun 2007.
- Mulund Jyeshta Nagrik Sangh, Mulund in Mar 2007.
- Sangeet Sankalp, Kalyan in Nov 2006.
- Indira Gandhi Manav Sanghralaya, Bhopal in Oct 2006.
- Balkrishnabua Ichalkaranjikar Sangeet Mahotsav in Feb 2006.
- Consistent performances in private mehefils in various parts of Maharastra, which are also regarded as an important learning curve for an artist.
- Equally active performances in the field of Natyasangeet, Abhangas and other forms of semi classical music.
- Performances in many private Mehefils throughout Ganesh Utsav in Sept 2008.
- Mahatma Gandhi Seva Sangh, Bandra, 2007.
- Ravindra Natya Mandir, 2007.
- Balkrishnabua Ichalkaranjikar Sangeet Mahotsav, 2006
- BARC, Chembur, 2005.
- IPCL complex, Nagothne, 2005.
Mulund Sanskar Bharati in Mar 2007.
558/2, Annapurna apt,
Ambernath, east, 421501.