Date of Birth : 11th April 1967
Educational Qualifications : B. E. ( Petroleum & Petrochemical Engineering), MBA
Profession : Working as Divisional Manager ( Systems & Projects) Forbes Marshall, Pune
Languages Known : Marathi, Hindi, English
Musical Career :
- Entered in to the world of music in 1976 and started playing “Bulbultarang”.
- Started learning basics of Indian Classical Vocal from Pt. Shankarrao Jirkunthwar at Nagpur in 1979.
- Started giving solo “Bulbultarang” performances in Nagpur and was possibly the only artist to perform Indian Classical Music on this instrument. Gave solo performances of the same at Nagpur All India Radio in 1979 & 1980.
- Switched over to playing Harmonium in 1980 and started doing harmonium accompaniments in School & College.
- Started formal learning of “Harmonium” from the veteran Pandit Appasaheb Jalgaonkar since 1988. Still learning from him.
- Gave the first Solo Harmonium Classical performance in “Upashi Vithoba Sangeet Samaroh” in 1990.
- Have played as harmonium accompanist in various CD release including the very famous “ Shamrang” – an album of two CDs on the bandishi on Lord Krishna by Seema Shende.
- Started accompanying leading Indian Classical Vocalist all over the country for their concerts. Some of them include Dr. Alka Deo Marulkar, Pt. Prakashsinh Salunke, Manjiri Kelkar- Asnare, Manjiri Alegaonkar, Pt. Vinodbhushan Alpe, Amol Gandharv - Amol Nisal, Vidya Bhagwat, Pt. Bahurao Bhat, Manasi Chandorkar, Anjali Date, Madhuvanti Deo, Ninad Deo, Pt. Harishchandra Gaware, Shubhangi Joshi, Rajendra Kandalgaonkar, Dr. Sulochana Kelkar,Seema Ranade, Shubhangi Vaidya, Krishnendra Wadikar, and many more.
- Gave more than 25 solo Harmonium performances in various concerts.
- Did a Harmonium Jagalbandi with Shri Abasaheb Parkale at Bahrat Natya Mandir Pune in 2007.
- Started doing a unique “ Harmonium Violin Jugalbandi” with Swapna Datar since 2008. This is a unique experience where two western instruments with their own strengths and limitations are played together in a traditional gayaki anng. The first such performance was given in Late Lilatai Jalgaonkar Smruti Sangeet Samaroh at Pune in 2008 followed by many such events including a performance at Kamla Nehru Park Datta Jayanti Mahotsav in Pune.