Agni verma is an internationally renowned Sitar player who has performed as a Sitar Soloist in India's prestigious Music conferences and mahotsavs (festivals) etc. As well as Abroad. He was recognized as a child prodigy and with his prodigious talent; he gave his first public concert at the age of ten. He imbibed the finer points with his sharp sense of aesthetics and total Balance; in turn, he tried to recreate the same on his Sitar. The way of Sitar playing with the combination of the 'Gayaki'Ang(the left hand) and the 'Tantrakari' Ang (the right hand-the Mizrab) is indeed a miracle Blessed by The Almighty. He has created a distinct gence of instrumental music (Sitar) maintaining a balance between 'Lay Kari' and the purity of Raga. SITAR Maestro Agni Verma is a Graded artist of All India Radio. He has been honored with several Awards both National & International. He has also Received President award in very early age of 21.Over the years Agni verma has matured into a performer who possesses an uncanny command over his Instrument .He has also received the Pryag Gaurav Award and The Sur-Mani Award from Mumbai. In this chain of his success he has recently made a World Record for 60 Hours non stop sitar playing and got success, and inducted his name in World's Best Book of world records. The singing strings of his 'Sitar' give true expression his imagination in a melodious medium, which is distinctively his Own...
I had started learning Sitar under Late Pt. Raja Ram Jaiswal the first Guru of Pt. Hari Prashad Chaurasia. Later on for my academic education I took further training from Shri Ashim Kumar Benerjee (Prayag Sangeet Samiti Allahabad). I got opportunity of learning Sitar by Ustad Shahid Parvez Khan and the Gayaki Ang by Pt. Anupam Rai ji from Mumbai. I have taken degree in music i.e. Sangeet Prsbhakar Sangeet Praveen, Sangeet Visharad Sangeet Alankar etc.
- Recipient of the President's Award in All India Radio Music Competition.
- Recently on 22nd to 25th Jan 09 I have made A World Record of 60 Hours Non Stop Sitar playing at Dehradun, in which I have played 8, 64,000 Swars and 5,400 Sargam Non stop for Gunnies Book of World Records.
- Maharshi Award from Maharshi Gandharv Ved Vishwa Vidhyapeet (Noida) in 1993.
- Scholarship by Uttar Pradesh Government in 1994.
- First prize in State Level Music Competition by Uttar Pradesh Sangeet Natak Academy in 1995.
- President Award Winner in All India Radio Music Competition (New Delhi) in 1997.
- First prize in All India Music Competition by Swar Sadhna Samitee (Mumbai) in 1999.
- First prize with Gold Medal in All India Music Competition held in Prayag Sangeet Samitee in 2000.
- Prayag Gaurav Award by Allahabad in 2000.
- Sur Mani title winner from Mumbai in 2007.
- Salangai Natham Festival in Thanjavur by South Zone Culture Centre in 1999.
- Chaiti Mahotsav in Mirzapur in 2001.
- Manokameshwar Sangeet Samaroh in 2003.
- Vindh-Mahotsav in Vindhyachal in 2004.
- Sangeet Pratibha Utsav by Sangeet Natak Academy in Raipur (Chatisgarh) in 2006.
- Brij Raj Mahotsav in Mathura in 2007.
- In All India Radio as a Graded Artist of Sitar in 1997.
- As an Examiner by Prayag Sangeet Samity in 1998.
- As a regular artist of Sitar by North Central Zone Culture Center Allahabad in 1998.
- In Indian Council for Culture Relations (I.C.C.R.), New Delhi as the selected panel of Artists in 2005.
- As an Examiner by AKhil Bhartiya Gandharv Sangeet Mahavidhyalay Mumbai in 2007.
Membership As Regular Artist:
- Sangeet Natak Academy (Lucknow).
- Sangeetanjali (The Gurukul) (Mumbai).
- Sankalp (Allahabad) (New Delhi).
- North Central Zone Cultural Centre (Allahabad).
- Naad Ninaad (Rai Bareli).
- Sanskar Bharti (Mussoorie)
- Delhi: At EME Army Cantt. & Maharshi award in Ficci.
- Mumbai Performed at ISCKON JUHU.
- Also performed in Calcutta, Chennai, Chandigarh, Bangalore, Ahemdabad etc.
- Performed at Candy & Colombo University (Sri Lanka) in 2003/05.
- Visited Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah for Musical Conference in 2004.
- Visited Nepal (Katmandu) for Classical Performance at Pashpatinath Sabhagar in 2006.
Cassettes & C.D.:
Given music for many Music company i.e. H.M.V.,T.Series,T.P.S.& Antardhwani.
Doordarshan (Subha Savere), Aastha, Sanskar,Zee T.V, E.T.V. & Star News etc.
- Recently I have started music therapy with the help of Indian Classical Music on my own Instrument Sitar. In this field I have performed in Allahabad (my home city) and in Bilaspur (Chatisgarh) and got on sole healing result on the listeners.
- On Sitar Classical Music is a common thing, but, I have started playing films songs and Ghazals from the films and private albums.
Though & Ambition:
I want to be such a music performer who may help such persons that are living in very tough life situation in India. I want to help them to live a peaceful and healthy life through my music.
Mussoorie International School
Shrinagar Estate Mussoorie-248179