Shailesh Bhagwat is the most well known disciple of Ustad Bismillah Khan. A widely travelled man of simple habits, and a well-experienced artiste with polite and firm concepts. The unassuming artiste of the younger generation Shailesh Bhagwat maintains the status of SHEHNAI The 'Divine Musical Instrument he loves. Shailesh Bhagwat has rendered his Shehnai- Recitals at innumerable place in India on account of various types of Occasions. Shailesh's rendering of shehnai is marked with an emotional presentation - which has a systematic blending and an improvisation of Raga in the "Gayaki-Ang" his phenomenal breath-control is superb and notable. No less noteworthy is his inclination in presenting the most intricate Ragas of his Shehanai which are less heard theses days, like Raga Shivamat-Bhairav, Shahana-Bahar, Hans-Narayan, Hanskinkini, Meghraniani & many others.
The depth and range of Shailesh's Shehnai has a thorough spiritual, scientific, logical and professional approach toward his Music.. Equally eager to perform a Lecture-cum-Demonstration like his concerts, Shailesh feels the intense necessity of propagating Music and every intricacy of Shehnai to each and every person who would love to understand the Music and the Instrument - Shehnai. Shailesh Bhagwat has given Concerts of SHEHNAI for more than Two Decades to date.
- Awarded a "Senior-Fellowship" in the field of Hindustan Music - Shehnai, by The Central Government of India for a period of 2 years w.e.f, : 01-12-2000.
- Awarded Empanellment with ICCR as Shehnai Artist to represent Indian Culture and Indian Music to abroad countries.
- GURU - PARAMPARA: Had initial training in shehnai under the able guidance of PANDIT AURANGABADKAR at the Holy Shrine of
Shree Kopineshwar Mandir of Thane.
- Later further, had training in Classical Music from Sitar-Artiste PANDIT MARUTI PATIL of Thane.
- Presently, learning shehnai under the most able guidance of The Supreme Authority in Shehnai, "Bharat-Ratna" USTAD BISMILLAH KHAN SAHEB since 33 years.
- A frequent broadcaster from All India Radio (AIR) Mumbai
- Attached to the Bollywood- film Industry of Mumbai As a Shehnai Accompanist in Orchestrations.
- An Occasional Accompanying shehnai - Artiste along with USTAD BISMILLAH KHAN SAHEB in his party.
- Maharshtra Rajya Yuwa "Sangeet Mahotsav" PUNE
- Bhartiya Vidhya Bhawan (Two Times) Mumbai
- Swar - Sangam Music circle (Two Times) Surat
- Vividh Kala Mahotsav of Govt of Maharashtra (13 Times)
- Sangeet Premi Mandal, Kalwa (Practically every year) Thane
- Bundelkhand Mahotsav Jhansi
- Acharya Allauddin Khan Sangeet Academy Bhopal
- APNA - UTSAV (Organised by The Central Government of India) Mumbai
- 'Anhad'- Bharat Bhavan Bhopal
- Swar-Sadhana, Pandharpur
- Received the tittles "Sangeet-Shree" & "Shehnai-Vidwaan" for performance in Allahabad
- Belgaum Arts Circle, (2 Times) Belgaum
- All India Festival of Musical Wind Blowing instrument at Bharat Bhavan, Bhopal
- In Honor of Delegates of Third Congress of "CITYNET" Mumbai
- SPIC-MACAY has also arranged Concerts & Lec-Dems. Mumbai
- Maharashtra Sewa Sangh, Mulund Mumbai
- "Gaanvardhan" Pune
- Shaashtriya Sangeet Sabha, Karkal
- Maharashtra Mandal, Surat
- National Centre for the performing Arts (NCPA) Mumbai
- Nehru Centre Mumbai
- Suburban Music Circle, (Three Times) Mimbai
- Deval-Club Kolhapur
- Sangeet-Bhushan Pt. Ram Marathe Smruti Samaroha, Thane
- Omkar Sur Mandal Mumbai / Hyderabad
- Harballabh Sangeet Sabha Jalandhar
- "SANKALP" of New Delhi. Rajkot, Ahemdabad, Pratapgarh, Porbunder, Alahabad, Raipur, Mirzapur
- Bhubaneshwar Music Cirle Bhubeshwar
- Maharashtra Sewa Sangh, Mulund, Mumbai
- "Gaanvardhan" PUNE
- Shaashtriya Sangeet Sabha, Karkal
|Shehnai - NatyaSangeet||Swaranand Cassette Company||30:00 min|
|Sur Sanalit Naadaavlaa||Kavi Music Cassettes||30:00 min|
|Mangal Baajyo Re (Classical Ragas)||HMV/RPG||30:00 min|
|"Khushiyaan"||Ninaad Music & Mktg. Pvt Ltd||30:00 min|
|"Ceremonies":Shehanai-Voiline Jugalbandi with Shri Nandu Honap||T Series||30:00 min|
Shailesh Bhagwat Photo Gallery - click here
THANE (East)- 400603.
Phone : +91 - 22 - 25320929
Mobile: +91 - 09869049182, 09869446633