Rajeev Janardan [Imdadkhani Etawa Gharana]
Sri Rajeev Janardan, the torch bearer of the Imdadkhani Etawa Gharana (Musical tradition), is recognised as one of today's greatest Sitar players of his generation in the field of Indian Classical Music.
Rajeev's music is an innovative blending of the intricate "Gayaki Ang" (vocal style) & "Tantra Ang" (instrumental style). The uncanny accuracy of his 'meends', his delightful 'sur lagao', the crystal clear superfast taankari in the compositions, the 'dirdir' and the 'chikari' variations in the Jhala sections, leave the audience spell bound.
Rajeev Janardan had an inborn natural talent and aptitude for Music from his early childhood. He blossomed into a true artist under the valuable guidance of Pandit Bimlendu Mukherjee, a doyen of the famous Imdad Khani Gharana of Sitar.
Besides the Music, Rajeev has Master Degree in Arts (Psychology). He has earned enviable acclaim by his recitals and received numerous honours and appreciations within the country & abroad.
- Sankatmochan Sangeet Samoroh - Varanasi
- Sangeet Natak Academy Programs Madhya Pradesh Kala Parishad - Bhopal
- N.C.P.A., Mumbai
- India International Center, Delhi
- I.C.C.R. Programs, New Delhi
- World Habitat Center, New Delhi
- Soorya Festival, Trivendrum
- Ganga Mahotsav, Varanasi
- Vasantrao Deshpande Sangeet Samaroh, Nagpur
- Parangat Mahotdav, Ujjain (Conducted by SCZCC)
- Bharat Bhawan, Bhopal
- Ustad Allauddin Khan Sangeet Academy, Bhopal
- Abhinav Kala Samaj, Indore
- Raag-Sabha - Amritsar
- Baba Harballabh Sangeet Sammelan - Jalandhar
- Jawahar Kala Kendra - Jaipur
- Music Tribute to M.S.Subbalakshmi - Chennai
- Soorya Festival- Trivandrum, UAE, Switzerland & London chapters
'Bharatratna' (late) M.S. Subbulakshmi,
'Padmavibhushan' Pt. Kishan Maharaj
'Padmabhushan' Smt. Girija Devi
Awarded 'Surmani' from Sur Singar Samsad, Mumbai.
Sri Rajeev Janardan's Audio-Cassette has been recorded for the benifit of "Children World" in Aid of Spastic & Handicapped children
13, Munirka Enclave,
New Delhi -110 067 (India)