- Master Dhruv, aged 13 yrs, studies in Class VIII, Sarla Chopra D.A.V Public School, Noida & is a keyboard player who plays Hindustani Classical Music (D.O.B 01.07.1996).
- A disciple of Pandit Ravi Sharma of Mathura who himself is a well known artist of Pakhawaj at Radio station Agra & accompanies many Dhrupad Singers of repute
- Presently being trained by Shri Vishnu Upadhyaya in NOIDA who is well known Sitarist.
- Learning a number of ragas in different taals like teen taal, rupak taal, jhap taal.Ek taal etc.
- He plays, aalaaps & swar vistar at a very slow pace and takes his pace to new heights when he takes jhalas in teen taal during his performances.
- His performances on western instrument “keyboard” sounds like being played on Indian Instrument Sitar.
- Tablists have repeatedly failed to match the pace of his fingers and are rather taken by surprise when he plays jhala.
- He can play with either hand/both hands/crossed hands.
Awards & Concerts
- Regular artist for presentation of Hindustani Classical Music at Taj Mahotsav, Agra & has presented his skills on open stage in classical music in Taj Mahotsav’ 2005,2006 & 2007.
- Dhruv has won many awards at the local level, school level & all India competitions. He has been the winner of the best key board player for three years in a row at Baal Sangeet Pratiyogita organized by Sur Sangam - a unit of Swami D R Parvatikar Sangeet Sansthan, Mathura.
- He has been regularly presenting his skills at various programmes in Mathura, Agra, Moradabad, NOIDA & Benaras since last five years.
- His presentations has won him “ Best Solo Performance”, “Best presentation”, “Best School” & “Runners up in Group performance” at the Classical Music Competition organized by Delhi Public School Society at Benaras in Nov’2005.
- His performance in Benaras was appreciated by the Great Classical Exponents Girija Devi & Pandit Channula Mishr.
- His presentation has been appreciated by Shri Manoj Sharma- Tabla player of repute, Shri Ram Kishan- Flute exponent & Shri Arvind Meseeh- Sitar Exponent including other musicians of Agra.
- He has recently been felicitated at Moradabad (U.P) also wherein “ Aarohi Kala Sansthan” awarded him with citation certificate as well as cash award & termed him as upcoming artist.
- He won gold medal in solo instrumental music competition in Nehru Bal Samiti’2008 on 11.11.08.
- Recently felicitated by Indian Oil Corporation Ltd on the eve of 50th anniversary celebration of Indian Oil at SCOPE Convention Hall , New Delhi for his all round achievements.
- A discussion with Dhruv & his parents on complete development of a child on Pragya TV (Recording done on 27.08.09-to be telecast soon).
- Recently performed in Shereton Hotel, Saket New Delhi on 28.08.09 .
Electronic Media Converage
- His live programmes have been relayed live on Television Channels like ETV Uttar Pradesh, DD(National),Sahara NCR & Pragya TV.
- His programmes & interviews have been broadcast on All India Radio since 2008.
- His talk show & programme was relayed on All India Radio on Gandhi Jayanti i.e 02.10.08 wherein he paid his tributes to Gandhiji by playing his favourite bhajan “ Vaishnav Jan to” in classical composition style based on Raag Khamaz.
- His talk show & live programme has been shown on Sahara NCR channel on 14.11.08 in “Kamaal Ke Naunihal” from 7:00 AM to 7:30 AM on 14.11.08.
- He has appeared in 35 minute programme- “Upcoming Artist” of Delhi University (North Campus) in March’09.
- He has appeared on Pragya TV in their programme“ Utho Jago” for one hour morning show on 29.04.09.
- His programme on Raag Darbari was broadcast in 56 countries from AIR, New Delhi in March’2009.
- His profile has been launched on the website www.musicalescapades.com/talents/child-artists/dhruv.
Print Media Coverage
- His achievements have found place in various newspapers like Hindustan Times, Times Of India, Dainik Jagran, AmarUjala. Rashtriya Sahara, Jagran City Plus, Aaj, Legend News etc since 2003 when he was just seven years old.
- His latest news coverage has appeared in Vir-Arjun – a hindi daily newspaper from New Delhi on 21.06.09.
- An all rounder with over 96% marks in academics.
- Has won awards in almost all competitions at school level.
- District Rank No. 1 badminton player (Under 13 boys) from Mathura (U.P) and have been playing state level championships.
- Recently won badminton championship against American Embassy, New Delhi.
- Has been winning badminton championships at zonal level from school.
- Approval obtained for news coverage on Aaj Tak TV channel (Recording date yet not informed).
- Undergoing the selection procedures and camps for President award for creative performance (8-9th Jul’2009).
- Undergoing the selection procedure for “National Award for exceptionally talented child” by Ministry of Women & Child development.
- A jugalbandi concert with Sitar in Moradabad during the month of Oct-Nov’2009.