Lokesh Ananad [Shehnai Artiste]
Lokesh Anand, stands today amongst one of the most outstanding musicians of India was born into a family of prodigious musical talents, which has given Indian music Shehnai legends such as Pt Anant Lal, Pt. Daya Shankar and his nephew Pt. Rajendra Prasanna.
Shehnai was his first love from his childhood. He began his initial training in Shehnai at the tender age of eight under the strict guidance of his father Shri Kalicharan.
Presently he is learning from Sangeet Martand Pandit Jasraj. Association with Pandit ji has influenced lokesh’s music so much that it has given a new direction to his repertoire whichis a blend of both instrumental and vocal styles.
Lokesh’s Shehnai playing is characterized by an immaculate blowing and fingering technique, command over Laya, richness and clarity of swaras. All this innate artistry and technical brilliance combined with a rare and exquisite emotional quality has made him a unique Shehnai player different from others.
He has completely revolutionized the technique and approach of Shehnai Playing.
- Taj Mahotsav,Agra,
- Vishnu Digamber Sangeet Sammelan (Agra)
- Kal Ke Kalakar Sangeet Sammelan. (Bombay)
- Swami Haridas Sangeet Sammelan.(Bombay)
- Awadh Sandhya, U.P. Sangeet Natak Academy (Lucknow)
- Megh Malhar Festival.(Lucknow)
- Badri Kedar Mahotsav (Badrinath)
- India International Trade Fair (IITF) (2001-2003) New Delhi
- Sangeetanjali Music Festival (Mumbai)
- Autumn Festival ,Nainital (Uttranchal)
- Golden Jublee Festival (Navodit kalakar samiti)Delhi
- Ustad bismillah khan memory, (delhi)
- Arpan music festival (Delhi)
- 1857 Jang e azadi 150th universery (merrut) commemoration of the 150 year of india’s first war of independence 1857
- Rajesthan sangeet natak academy(jodhpur)
- Abhinave kala parishad (Bhopal)
- Sangeet prtibha festival of young musician (SNA) (siliguri)
- Pt.moti ram Pt.mani ram music festival (hyedrabad)
He has been honored with The, Abhinav Kala Ssamman (Bhopal) for the year 2008. Other prestigious awards are the Sangeet Ratna , Sangeet Sadhak and Surmani to name a few.
Lokesh has won the acclaim of discerning audiences and critics worldwide. His lecture demonstrations and workshops in Music have been highly appreciated in abroad.
He has performed in some of the most prestigious international festivals internationally which also featured some of the most famous musicians of the world. Some selected ones are: Festival of India presented by Government of India in Nepal , Festival of India in Bhutan, festival of India in Tokyo yokohama nighta,and so many city’s of Japan. Scintillating melodies (Malaysia) presented by Indian High Commission, kulalampur, and scintillating melodies (Singapore) etc, to name a few.