Deepak Kshirsagar [Indian Classical Guitar artiste]
Deepak started enthralling the audience with 'vishuddha' presentation of Gwalior style at the early age of 4. Under the watchful eye of his grandfather Pt. B.N.Kshirsagar, the legendary vocalist of Gwalior Gharana, Deepak started building a solid foundation, much needed for any Professional Indian Classical musician. Born in the Kshirsagar family he represents the 4th generation of this lineage.
After going through the intense training with his grandfather, Deepak also spent some time with Pt. Vishwa Mohan Bhatt and Shri. Sateesh Khanwalkar, senior exponents of the Indian Classical Guitar. A strong urge to create quality classical music prompted Deepak to try out many changes in the playing techniques of his instrument, eventually carving a space out for himself in the Indian Classical Music Arena.
Deepak's power-packed performances are known to blend the everlasting traditional compositions and the intricate contemporary improvisations with absolute command on both Sur & Taal, creating a touchy, serene but solid musical impact on all strata of the audience.
An 'A' graded artiste of All India Radio and Doordarshan, Deepak has been honored with various National and State awards and his concerts have won critical acclaim across the length and breadth of the country.
- Ustad Allauddin Khan Sangeet Academy, Bhopal(Uttaradhikar)
- India Habitat Centre , New Delhi(HCL Concert Series)
- Sangeet Natak Academy, New Delhi(Swarna Sangeet Pratibha)
- Sur Singar Sansad, Mumbai(Swami Haridas Sangeet Sammelan)
- A.B.G.M.V. Mandal, Hyderabad(Platinum Jubilee Celebrations)
- Deval Club,Kolhapur(Sangeet Pratibha)
- India International Centre, New Delhi
- Rajasthan Sangeet Natak Academy, Jodhpur
- Swar Sadhana Samiti, Mumbai
- Dr. Prabha Attre Foundation, Pune
- Arts centre, Belgaum
- Gharowa, Ranchi
- Shruti Mandal, Jaipur
- Dr.Vasantrao Deshpande memorial Foundation, Pune
- Frequent broadcasts on Vividh Bharati through Aunranjani and Sangeet Sarita
- All India Radio 'A' graded artiste since-1995.
- Sur Mani by Sur Singar Samsad, Mumbai - 1998.
- Pt. Gokul Chand Rao Kala Award by Subrang and Pink City Press Club, Jaipur - 2000.
- Yuva Puraskar by Rajasthan Sangeet Natak Academy Jodhpur - 2001.
- Yuva Ratna by Sangeet Kislay Sansthan, Jodhpur-01.
- Centre for Cultural Resources and Training, New Delhi - 1983 to 1990.
- Rajasthan Sangeet Natak Academy, Jodhpur - 1993 to 1995.
- Meharangarh Museum Trust, Jodhpur - 1996 to 97.
- 1. Fellowship to outstanding young artiste by Department of Culture, Ministry of Art & Culture, New Delhi - 2000.
- Since school level to completion of Bachelor Degree - List to 15 with always first on State and National Level.
- Musician's guild, Mumbai
- Narrowcasters, India
- Curious minds, New Delhi
- The artiste is visibly fluent with his improvisations - Sumati Mehrishi, The Pioneer, New Delhi.
- Deepak has a fund of musical talent, a great heart and a fertile imagination - Pt. Prakash Vadhera, The Hindu, New Delhi.
- Performance by this young artiste was an unqualified success-Raja Pundalik, The Times of India, Nashik.
- Demonstrated great potential Gaj Singh, Maharaja of Jodhpur.
Vardhaman Colony, Golf Course Scheme
Jodhpur (Raj.) INDIA 342011
Ph. : 91-291-2631560