Debasish Adhikari Farukhabad Gharana
Debasish Adhikari born in a muscal family. His father Sh. Anand Mohan Adhikari is a tabla player and lecturer. He is one of the disciples of ustad Karamat Ullah Khan.
The style in which Debashish is playing the tabla is known as Farukhabad Gharana. He started the table under the guidance of his father feet the early stage of his life when he was only seven years old. Later, he obtained training from great tabla maestro ustad Sabir khan son of ustad Karama Tullah Khan with great devotion. Sincerity and extensively learn the style of Farukhabad Gharana. At present he is associated with D.A.V school, New Delhi as a tabla teacher, and an examiner of Pracheen Kala Kendra, Chandigarh.
- As a professional artist, he has been awarded
- "Sangeet Prabhakar" from Prrayag Sangeet Samiti, Allahabad
- "Sangeet Praveen" from Sur Bharti Sangeet Parishad,.
- "Talmani" by Sur Singar Samsad , Mumbai.
- Honoured by Sanskrit Academy, Delhi Govt. .
- "Shubham" from Bulandshar, U.P.
- Sahitya kala parishad,Delhi govt.
- National Crime Prevention society Delhi.
- sargam Mandir from Meerut, U.P.
- Bharat vikash parishad,Delhi
- Pushplata Academy of music and dance from Faridabad, Haryana,
- Famous Ngo "Snehi International" Delhi .
- He is associated with all India Radio and Doordarshan as a B-High Grade Artist.
- He has given numerous performances in various festivals all over India such as…
- All India Music Conference, Allahabad.
- Swami Haridas Sangeet Sammelan. Mumbai.
- South festival, Delhi.
- Maha Shivratri music festival.
- Pracheen Kala Kendra, Chandigarh.
- India Habitat Center Delhi, on the occasion of condolence concert of terrorist attack at world Trade center.
- Governor house of Uttranchanal .
- I.C.C.R music festival at Delhi 2006.
- India International Center, Delhi
Press Notes: -
- Ati vilambit may have been melody didn’t skip a single beat even as Debasish Adhikari foung the different notes on tabla (Hindustan Times Saturday 12Jan 2002)
- The accompaniment of tabla by Debasish Adhikari is too much attractive for the audience (Amar Ujala 23rd Aug 2001)
- 8.The tabla accompaniment of Debasish Adhikari with Sitarist Prof. Alok Das Gupta is creat a charming moment. (Daily Tribune Chandigarh 12th Jan 2002)
- The tabla accompaniment of Debasish Adhikari with Sitarist Subrata De was nice and attractive (Pratidin-Calcutta 19th Feb 2001)
- beautiful Accompaniment of tabla by Debasish Adhikari (AajKal Calcutta 19th Feb 2001)
- Enchanting tabla accompaniment by Debasish Adhikari in "Swaranjali 2001" classical music concert at Triveni auditorioim (Nav Bharat Times 26th July 2001)
- Debasish the tabla player of Farukhabad gharanaa accompany with "Jugalbandi" by "Kedia Bandhu" (Amar Ujala 10th Dec 2004)
- Beautiful Jugalbandi by Debasish and Kedia Bandhu (Dainik Bhaskar 10th Dec 2004)
- "Kedia bandhuo ki ish anuthi jugal-bandi ke saath tabley per apni jaduee anglion ka kamal dikhaya farukhabd gharane ke ustad kesishya Debasish Adhikari ne, jin honey manch par aapne upasthiti dekar jugal-bandi mein kalakaron ka bakhubi saath nivaya (Danik Tribune10th Dec 2004)
- "Tabla tell to Tale" A Feature by Anjana Rajan , Daily hindu.
- "The Beats of His Life " a Feature by aasheesh Mamgain og hindustantimes,Delhi
pkt- i, sector-14,
cont no +91-9818854421,