Debanjan Bhattacharjee [Maihar Senia Ggarana]
Instrumental Sarode Solo
Born in a music loving family, Debanjan was initiated to SARODE when he was 5 years old, under the guidance of Late Ustad Dhyanesh Khan. Since his sad demise, he is under the tutelage of Ustad Aashish Khan and Smt. Ameena Perera of Maihar Senia Gharana. He has also participated in various workshops conducted by Late Baba Ustad Ali Akbar Khan.
- Debanjan has secured the FIRST position (President’s Gold Medal) in the music competition held by the All India Radio (AIR) in the year 2008 and hence, a graded artiste of AIR & Doordarshan.
- He is an empanelled artist with the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR), under the Ministry Of External Affairs, Govt. of India.
- He has received the “Acharya Allauddin Khan Memorial” award from the ITC-SRA (West) & the Acharya Allauddin Khan Music Circle , Mumbai.
- He has also received the National Scholarship of Music from the Centre for Cultural Resources and Training(CCRT), New Delhi.
- Debanjan secured FIRST position in a talent search competition in Instrumental Classical Music, organised by ‘The Dover Lane Music Conference’, Kolkata, thereby winning “Pt Nikhil Banerjee Memorial” trophy.
- He stood FIRST in a competition of Indian Instrumental Classical music organised by “Baba Allaudin Khan Memorial Committee” in collaboration with Rajya Sangeet Academy, Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Major Concert Performances
- “Shastriya Sangeet Sammelan - 2009” conducted by the Paschim Banga Rajya Sangeet Academy at Rabindra Sadan, Kolkata
- “Pt. Radhika Mohan Maitra Sangeet Sammelan”, 2009 at Madhusudan Manch, Kolkata
- Salt Lake Music Festival 2009 , EZCC, Kolkata
- National Centre for Performing Arts (NCPA), Mumbai, 2009
- India International Centre, IIC, New Delhi, 2009
- All Bengal Music Conference, 2009, Kolkata in memory of Late Baba Ali Akbar Khansaheb.
- Ramakrishna Mission Institute Of Culture, Kolkata in memory of Late Ali Akbar Khansaheb 2009
- Spicmacay at Bengal Engg. And Sc. University, Shibpore 2008
- Indo US Seminar at IIT, Kharagpur 2009
- ‘The Dover Lane Music Conference – Periodic Session 2006 , Kolkata
- AIR National Prize Distribution Ceremony, ICCR Auditorium(2009)
- Bharatiya Sanskriti Samsad , Kolkata, 2003
- Salt Lake Cultural Association- Periodic Session at Aikatan,EZCC 2008.
- Performances at Nazrul Mancha (2003), Birla Academy under the banner of ‘Medha’ (1997),Sisir Manch (2007), Kolkata
- Performances at Chakdah (2005)and Ranaghat (2009), West Bengal.
In the academic front, Debanjan is an Electronics and Communication Engineer and currently doing post-graduation in Microwave Communication Engineering.
21/1D, Fern Road,
Ballygunge, Kolkata – 700019.
West Bengal, India