Vani Madhav [Odissi Exponent]
An Odissi dancer with over 25 years of experience in dancing coupled with 10 years of teaching experience. Ability to conduct & organize of cultural events, understands significance in selecting and delegating participants and overall ability to demonstrate initiative to make event a success.
A disciple of late Guru Dev Prasad Leniage through Guru Gejendra Panda and Guru Sudhakar Sahu. Debut on stage at the age of six under the guidance of Guru Gejendra Panda. Amid pursuing her academics into law, Vani, through rigorous training earned the degree "Nrutya Visharad" in first class from Akhila Bharatiya Gandharva Mahavidyala Mandal, Mumbai (Bombay). She did her post graduation, "Sangeet Bhaskar" from Pracheen Kala Kendra, Chandigarh, with distinction. She won the Silver Medal at the East Zone Inter University Youth Festival of 1989 held at Shantiniketan. At the National Youth Festival held at Madurai in 1990 she won the coveted Gold Medal. Being the first disciple of Guru Gejendra Panda, she has extensively performed in Odissi based dance dramas, in lead roles, directed and choreographed by him.
- Bhartham Mansoon Festival: organized by Bharatham, Trissur, Kerala
during June 2006.
- Raj Bhavan,Chennai. Performed during November, 2003
- Kadamba Utsava: Organized by Dept of Kannada & Culture, during Jan 2006.
- Festival performances: Performed at various dance festivals held at Udaipur, Rajasthan, Ooty, Kolkatta,Varanasi,Raipur and at Shantiniketan, gauhati. Also featured in the Natyanjali2005 dance festival at Chidambaram and Kumbhakonam.
- erformances at festivals of dance held at Cuttack, Bhubaneshwar, Rayagadha,
Barhampur, Chatrapur, Chennai, Shimoga (Karnataka)
- At the Bangalore Branch of Sri Edneer Math, Koramangala, Bangalore.
- Keshava Samskrithi Sabha, ISRO Lay out, Bangalore. "Mantap Gruha",
- Rasa Sanje: Performed in 36th festival of Venkatesha Natya Mandira's Damaru Mahotsava: Performed in damaru mahotsava organised by Ponnambalam Academy of Music & Dance on the occasion of Mahashivaratri
- Staged for Friday Cultural event in Bangalore organized by Indian Council for
Cultural Relations, during June 2006.
- Doordarshan Bhubaneshwar
- Unique Jugalbandhi of Odissi performed along with bharatanatyam dancer in
prestigious Arudra Festival 2005.
- Lalithakala parishad, Bangalore
- Gold medal at National Youth Festival held under the aegis of Madurai
- Kamaraj University, Madurai, Silver medal at the East Zone Inter University Youth Festival held at Shantiniketan and Gauhati.
- Several other prizes at district and State level dance competitions.
- B.A, LL.B., Diploma in Travel Management.
- Accomplished degree in first class "Nrutya Visharad" from Akhila Bharatiya Gandharva Mahavidyala Mandal, Bombay.
- "Sangeet Bhaskar" with First class distinction, from Pracheen Kala Kendra, Chandigarh.