Swapna Seshadri [Tanjavur style]
Swapna is an articulate, clearheaded, strong individual who is gifted with the ability to put forward her point of view without offending others. Early in her life she dreamt of being a professional Bharatanatyam dancer, and that dream was finally realized on 28th October 2002 when she performed her Arangetram at the prestigious Chinmaya Hamco Auditorium, New Delhi. This achievement can most certainly be attributed to her Guru - Padmashri Saroja Vaidyanathan who gave her training in this art form in the traditional 'Tanjavur' style at her institute - Ganesa Natyalaya. Ever since her Arangetram, she has accompanied her Guru for many performances spanning the length and breadth of this country and even abroad.
- Ananya Festival in Delhi
- T.N. Tourism Festival in Mahabalipuram
- HCL concert series in Delhi
- Taj Mahotsava in Agra
- Shruti Mandal in Jaipur
- Sri Purandaradasa Kalai Arangam in Coimbatore
- South Zone Cultural Department in Tanjavur
- Surya Festival in Trivandrum
- Swaralaya in Palghat
- R.R. Sabha in Trichy
- National Youth Cultural Festival (Ministry of Youth Affairs) in Jamshedpur
- Jayadeva Utsav in Delhi
- Swathi Thirunal Nrtiya Mala in Chennai
Swapna is a faculty member of Ganesa Natyalaya and is a National scholarship holder for Bharatanatyam of the Ministry of Culture, Government of India as well as a State scholarship holder from Sahitya Kala Parishad, Delhi. She is also empanelled with the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) and a graded artist with the Delhi Doordarshan.
She also performed at the Vishwa Hindu Temple in Ohio, Columbus, and at the Beijing International Tourism Festival. She has visited several countries including Germany, Denmark, Poland, Bosnia, Luxembourg, Ethiopia, Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Senegal and Gambia as a troupe member on ICCR Sponsored Bharatanatyam Tours.
Apart from the above, Swapna has been part of numerous dance ballets and special choreographies that have drawn applause from prestigious audiences. Among these are 'Celebrating Bharti', 'Krishnarpanam', 'Dasavataram', 'Kaun hai Doshi?', 'Siva Shakti' and 'Pradosham'.
important solo presentations include-
- Gayathri Fine Arts, New Delhi in March 2004
- 30th year celebrations of Ganesa Natyalaya in February 2005
- Pratibha Utsav organized by the North Central Zone Cultural Centre in September 2005
- Delhi Tamil Sangam in April 2006
- Indo-Korean Cultural meet in September 2006
- Xian Municipal Council Centre, China in October 2006
- Shruti Mandal in May 2007
- Malai Mandir in November 2007
- Nagoya, Japan in January 2008
- Yakult India Meet in February 2008
- ILM Art Meet in Gwalior in September 2008
- National Scholarship Holder from the Department of Culture and State Scholarship Holder from the Sahitya Kala Parishad
- Graded artist of the Delhi Doordarshan
- Empanelled artist of the ICCR- Indian Council for Cultural Relations
- Completed 'Vid' and BA (Hons) with distinction in 'Bharatanatyam' from Khairagarh University
- Faculty member of Ganesa Natyalaya - Centre for Bharatanatyam.
In addition to this, she has regularly performed at temples, conferences and lecture demonstrations. She also has the distinction of being selected as a member on the 100 member all India team to a cultural and social exchange programme that toured several prominent Chinese cities including Beijing, Shanghai, Xian and Guanzhou in October 2006. In January 2008, she traveled to and performed at Nagoya, Japan for the promotion of tourism to India.
In future, Swapna wishes to grow and emerge as a successful solo dancer, explore new dimensions in the art form and work for art- management in our country.