Snigdha Venkataramani [Carnatic Vocalist & Bharatnatyam Dancer]
Snigdha Venkataramani is an accomplished Bharatanatyam dancer. She has received training in this art form from the age of seven under the tutelage of the world-renowned dance Guru, Padmashree Guru Saroja Vaidanathan. She has been performing in group/solo dances and other choreographic presentations of her Guru, 'Paramacharya', 'Aaru Padai Veedu', 'Krishna Arpanam' and 'Pradosham' to name a few. She has also accompanied her Guru in various Lecture Demonstrations, workshops, and dance-dramas. She completed her Arangetram along with her sister, Sneha Venkataramani in the year 1998. Snigdha has performed widely in India and abroad and has won awards and accolades. Apart from being a professional Bharatanatyam dancer, she is also an accomplished carnatic vocalist and has undergone training under various senior teachers for the past eighteen years. She also took training in Carnatic music from Sh. K.N.Shashikiran of Carnatica. She also learnt theory in dance and music from eminent musicologist, Sh. T.S.Parthasarathy. She has recently released a Carnatic Music Audio CD.
She has majored in Zoology (H) from Delhi University, and has completed her Masters. in Anthropology from Delhi University. She wishes to achieve the all round combination of an accomplished dancer and an equally acclaimed vocalist.
- She won the prestigious Aadharshila award for her excellent performance in Bharatanatyam, when she was ten years old.
- Snigdha is a holder of the NATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP in DANCE awarded by the Department Of Culture, Govt OF India
- She was awarded the title of 'NATYASHREE' in the Year 1999, which was presented to her by the Chief Minister of Delhi Smt. Sheila Dikshit.
- She has given various SOLO AND DUET (along with her sister Sneha Venkataramani) performances in India and abroad.
- In September 2005 she along with her sister won THE GOLD MEDAL for Dance in the INTERNATIONAL DELPHIC GAMES held at Kuching, Malaysia..
- She has won many prizes in inter-school and inter-college dance competitions like 'The Rendezvous' in IIT Delhi.
- She is a faculty member of Ganesa Natyalaya, a premier dance institute in New Delhi, for the past five years.
- Apart from being a professional dancer, Snigdha is also a Carnatic Vocalist and was a holder of the National Scholarship for music awarded by the Center for Cultural Resources Training. She is also a 'Yuva Vani' Artiste with All India Radio, New Delhi
As a troupe member
- Music Academy, Chennai, 1996
- CCRT Lecture Demonstration series, Udaipur, 2001,2002
- Beijing International Festival, China, 2003
- Soorya Festival, Trivandrum, 2003
- Nungambakkam Cultural Academy, 2001,2003
- Kurukshetra Mahotsava, 2004
- International Afro-Asian Half-Run Marathon, New Delhi, 2004
- Sangeet Natak Academy festival, 2004
- ICCR Summer festival, 2004
- Taj Mahotsava, Agra, 2005
- Shruti Mandal,Jaipur, 2005
- Ananya Festival (along with danseuse Rama Vaidyanathan), New Delhi, 2005
- Manasa Devi Navaratri Festival, Chandigarh, 2005
- AIIMS golden Jubilee Celebrations, 2005
- Sanskriti Foundation, New Delhi, 2005
- Festival of New Choreographies, (along with danseuse Rama Vaidyanathan), New Delhi, 2006