Prakruthi L.S.[Bharatanatyam Exponent]
Prakruthi made her first foray into the world of dance at the tender age of six.Her initial training under Smt.Hema, of Prabhat Kalavidaru fame helped lay a strong foundation. Over the following years, she has constantly endeavored to hone her skills and master the subtleties of this art under the able tutelage of Karnataka Kalashri and Rajyotsava awardee, Smt.Revathi Narasimhan.
She secured second rank in the senior grade and First Class in Vidwat dance exams. She is the recipient of the Karnataka Government scholarship for three successive years.Having performed Rangapravesha in 2001,she has given solo performances in Bangalore , Delhi , Raichur ,Chennai and many other places. She has performed for Doordarshan and Udaya T.V.
As a member of the elite Shivakami Troupe, founded by her Guru, she has performed in many prestigious festivals like Hampi utsava, Chidambaram, Mysore Dasara Utsava, Calcutta Tamil Sangam, Gadinadu Utsava, Independence Day celebrations and many others.
Furthermore, she has also performed in Ankura Dance Festival, Pallavotsava, Nartana Keertana Festival, etc. She has won prizes in numerous competitions and is also selected as a 'B' grade artiste for Doordarshan. In the year 2005, she was awarded the “Aryabhata Award".
An architect by profession, she continually explores new avenues of synergizing between dance and architecture, both of which are founded on the tenets of visualizing, creating and expressing.
- Performed for "Udaya T.V" and "Doordarshan" channels.
- Solo performances in Bangalore, Delhi, for the "Shivali" festival.
- At the every Wednesday cultural evening organized by the Kannada and Culture Dept, B'lore.
- In famous festivals like the Hampi Utsava, Gadinadu Utsava, Chidambaram festival, Mysore Dushera,etc.
- "Ankura festival", in July 2003.
- At the ISKON, Bangalore, during the Brahmotsavam, 2003 ,2004,2005& 2006.
- Solo performance for the “Samskrita Saurabha", organized by the Dept. of Kannada and Culture, in June 2004.
- “Pallavotsava-2004" dance festival, September 2004.
- At the “Nartana-Keertana dance and music festival", in December 2004.
- At the “Aryabhata Festival", in April 2005.
- At the Indian Institute of World Culture, Sep 2005.
- At the Bangalore habba-2005.
- Parthasarathy Sabha, Chennai for the 106th yr dance festival in February '06.
- Solo performance at Mysore, at the 'Aryabhata Yuva Nrityotsava-2007' in January, 07.
- At Sri Thyaga Brahma Gana Sabha ( Vani mahal), Chennai in January,07.
- The Indian Cultural Centre, Colombo, Sri Lanka in February,07
- In the K.P.Kittappa Pillai Memorial Festival, Bangalore in February,07
- At the “Khala Ghali" festival in Madison, Wisconsin ( United States),August 07.
- At the Hindu temple of Pewaukee, Wisconsin (United States), Sept 07.
- 'Every Friday Cultural Programme' sponsored by the ICCR, Dec 07.
No. 537,"Jyeshta", 3rd main road, Hosakerehalli cross,
B.S.K 3rd Stage, Bangalore-560 085.