Madhuri Apte [Kathak Exponent]
Ttraining in Dance
- Field of Specialization: Kathak
- Gharana/Sampradaya: Banaras
- School/Style: Padmashri Natraj Pt.Gopikrishnaji' Style
- Guru(s) under whom trained: Mrs. Maneesha Sathe (Since last 15 years)
- Institution(s) where Trained: Maneesha Nrityalaya trust, Pune. Kathak Dance Institute.
- Schoarship received: Awarded National Scholarship for advanced
- B.A. with Kathak Dance holding first rank, throughout all the three years
- M.A. with Kathak dance with distinction from Center for performing Arts, Pune University
- Cleared NET Exam. from U.G.C. in first attempt.
- Nritya Alankar(part I) with Distinction from Gandharva Mahavidyalaya
- Kanhere Sangeet Mahotsava (Jan 2000)
- Telco Kala Sagar Sangeet Mahotsava (June 2000)
- Prithvi International Theatre festival (Nov.2000)
- Swami Haridas Sangeet mahotsava by Sur Singar Samsad, Mumbai (Dec 2000)
- South Central Zone Sangeet Mahotsava (April 2001)
- Nad Habba Festival by Karnatak Sangha,pune(Oct 2003)
- Performed on various platforms like Maxmuller Bhavan, B.A.I.F., Cipla Cancer Center ,Nritya Sohala (Solapur) etc.
- As a prominent member of Maneesha Nrityalayas Performing unit performed in different prominent cities all over India and abroad.
- Participated in prestigious festivals organized by Kathak Kendra (Delhi) since last 8 years,and also in Pt. Birju Maharaji's Kalashram's festivals since last 2 years.
- Participated in two dance dramas produced by Sadhu Vaswani Mission
- 1.Saint Surdas (acted Saint Surdas role) 2.Life History of T.L.Vaswani.
- Won various competitions held in Pune, Mumbai, Sangali, Nagpur like Kalyani Trophy,Spic Macay Trophy,Sangeet Sharada Vidyalaya etc
- Successful participation in South Central Zone Sangeet Mahotsava.
- Honoured with prestigious award 'Singar Mani' in Kal Ke Kalakar mahotsava organized by Sur Singar Samsad,Mumbai in the year 2000.
- Conceived and performed a dance program called 'Naad Shiva' based on Pt. Kumar Gandharva's compositions in February 2006
- Lead role in the silver jubilee presentation of Maneesha Nrityalaya titled 'Kshitijala Rang Nave'
- Participated in 1. Traditional Kathak Dance, Combination of Japanese oriental music set to Kathak, 3. Taiko (huge drums) accompaniment for Kathak
- For this particular event 35 Japanese Dancers and Musicians had participated.
- Performed with Guru Mrs. Maneesha Sathe in Japan (in Aug 2001, Aug 2002) and in china(March 2006) in Indo-Japanese collaborated concerts.
- Participated in a Philosophical National Seminar named Art-Life Interface: Inter relationship between the arts, organized by I.C.C.R., Delhi.
- Participated in an international folk dance festival at Toulouse (France. From 12th to 16th Aug. 2004) Performed solo (Kathak dance) as well as group dance in the same festival .
- Choreographed & performed in many short films for FTII.
- Made an educational documentary for Bal Chitravani,Pune.
- Interview on Pune Radio center in youth program.
- Choreographed items like Bhoomi, Samavesh and also some Kannad Padas of Swami Purandardas.
- Padhant accompaniment for Guru and for many dance performances for Maneesha Nrityalaya Institute.
Subhashri 110, Meghana Hou.Soc,
Sahakar Nagar-2, Parvati,
Pune, M.S., India
Phones R:020-24220406 Mb: 9890874147