Gyanendra Bajpai [Bharatnatyam Exponent]
Gyanendra, born on 1972 in Lucknow is trained traditionally in Tanjore style of Bharatanatyam under the able tutelage of Padmashri Guru Saroja Vaidyanathan, Founder President of Ganesa Natayalaya, New Delhi. He completed Nritya Kovid (8-years Diploma) in Bharatanatyam with merit from Indira Kala Sangeet Vishwavidyalaya, Khairagarh. He gave his maiden performance Arangetram at Triveni Chamber Theatre, New Delhi in 1993.
Gyanendra has performed almost all over India and abroad.
- Munal Mahotsav, Lucknow '93
- Sahitya Kala Parishad, New Delhi '94
- Tourist Week Celebration, Kalpetta '94
- India International Centre, New Delhi '95
- Natyanjali, Chidambaram '95
- Konark Music and Dance Festival, Konark '96
- Natarajotsava, Mysore '96 & '98
- All India Sanskrit Conference, New Delhi '96
- Red & White Bravery Awards, All Over India '97
- Youth Festival, Madras 2000
- Pratibha Utsav, Bhopal 2000
- Rajiv Lochan Mahotsav, Rajim 2002
- Festival of Classical Dance & Music, New Delhi '02
- Amrit Mahotsav, Bhopal '02
- Lucknow Mahotsav, Lucknow '05
- Subbulakshmi Smriti Sangeet Samaroh, Allahabad '06
- Exchange Workshop for Asian Performing Arts, Tokyo '06
- 'Multinational Petit Festival in Yume no Shima' Exchange Workshop for Asian Performing Arts at Exchange Workshop, Indian Night, Tokyo 06, Multinational Petit Festival, Tokyo 06
- Indian Culture, Tokyo '06
- Inaugiration of Indian Painting Exhibition at OAG Haus, Tokyo 06
- Saraswati Puja, Tokyo '07
- Asian Spring Festival, Tokyo '07
- World Dance Festival, Tokyo '07
- 172nd Birth Annivarsary of Swami Ramakrishna Paramahans, Tokyo '07
- Indo Bazaar, Tokyo '07
- India Day, Tokyo '07 etc
He has performed in countries like Reunion Islands 96, 97 & 99, Mauritius 97 & 99, Madagaskar 96, Kenya 96, Japan 06-07.
He has choreographed many beautiful Ballets Kalakar Ka Swapna, Tamaso Ma Jyotirgamaya, Basant Bahar, Abhishap, Aa Re Kare Badra, Shiva-Shakti, Jugalbandi.
Participation in Chorepgraphies
He has also participated in many of his Guru's choreographies - Paramacharya, Hare Krishna Om Skanda, Aaru Padai Veedu, Mahabharata, Bhishma Katha, Ganga, Rudra Bharata Bharatam, Krishnarpanam, Varsha etc.
He is 'graded artiste' from Delhi Doordarshan Kendra. His dance programmes have been telecasted on Doordarshan, Star Plus, Aj Tak, Sun TV, Raj TV, Etv, NHK, Fuji 8 etc.
Awards & Honours
- He is recipient of 'National Scholarship' by Dept. of Culture, Govt. of India in the field of Bharatanatyam.
- He was awarded the title of 'NATYASHREE' in the Year 1999, which was presented to her by the Chief Minister of Delhi Smt. Sheila Dikshit. She was awarded the title of 'NATYASHREE' in the Year 1999, which was presented to her by the Chief Minister of Delhi Smt. Sheila Dikshit.He was awarded the title 'Natyashri' in 1999 by the Chief Minister of NCT Delhi.
- He has been included by Indian Council for Cultural Relation (ICCR) in the 'Recommendatory panel for Bharatanatyam Teacher-cum-Performer' for deputation abroad.
- He is enlisted as 'Performing Guru' by Association of Bharatanatyam Artistes of India (ABHAI).
- He has participated in two 'U.G.C. Refresher Courses in Music'.
- He has edited Sanskrit text of 'Bharatanatyam - An In-depth Study', an excellent book on Bharatanatyam dance style by Padmashri Saroja Vaidyanathan.
- He has submitted two research articles for UGC Refresher Courses - 'An Aesthetic Vision' in and 'Teaching Systems in Bharatanatyam'.
As a Teacher
Besides being a dancer, he is also engaged in dance teaching since 1991 to preserve, propagate and to impart this sacred art form to the next generation. His students have won many awards and honour for their performances. His students have also received 'National Scholarship in Bharatanatyam'. Some of his students have given their maiden performance Arangetram. Gyanendra is member of many selection committees and expert panels, examiner and paper-setter of various universities/colleges. He has worked as Lecturer in the Department of Bharatanatyam, Indira Kala Sangeet Vishwavidyalaya, Khairagarh from September, 2000 to January, 2005 and from June, 2005 to June, 2006 in Bharatanatyam at Bhatkhande Music Institute, Lucknow. in Bharatanatyam at Bhatkhande Music Institute, Lucknow. in Bharatanatyam at Bhatkhande Music Institute, Lucknow. in Bharatanatyam at Bhatkhande Music Institute, Lucknow. in Bharatanatyam at Bhatkhande Music Institute, Lucknow. in Bharatanatyam at Bhatkhande Music Institute, Lucknow. in Bharatanatyam at Bhatkhande Music Institute, Lucknow. in Bharatanatyam at Bhatkhande Music Institute, Lucknow. in Bharatanatyam at Bhatkhande Music Institute, Lucknow. In Bhatkhande Music Institute, Deemed University, Lucknow.
Presently, Gyanendra is on deputation to Indian Cultural Centre, Tokyo to impart the nuances of Bharatanatyam dance in Japan.
Lecturer - Bharatanatyam
Office: Bhatkhande Music University,
1, Qaiserbagh, Lucknow - 226 001. India.
Residence: E -197, Sector -G,
LDA Colony, Kanpur Road,
Lucknow - 226 012.
Website: Artist's website
Album: Gyanendra's Album