Nurturing the talents of music and dance from a very young age, Divya has evolved to be a successful ambassador of classical art and culture.
Divya has been learning Bharathanatya since the age of 5 under the able tutelage of Karnataka Kalashree Guru Smt.Revathi Narasimhan (Founder–Director of Natya Niketan). Having successfully imbibed the art, Divya has evolved to be a good dancer, choreographer and an asset to Natya Niketan. Divya secured Third rank in the State-level Bharathanatya VIDWAT Examination conducted by the State Government of Karnataka.
Divya has performed at many venues in and around Bangalore. She has also participated in prestigious dance festivals among which are the Hampi Festival, Chidambaram Festival and has given many performances in Raichur, Adoni, Pollachi, Calcutta and Madras. She performed her Bharathanatya Rangapravesham in October 2000 and won the appreciation of one and all. She is a recipient of the State Scholarship for classical dance in the Senior category for the year 2002-2003.
Divya is selected by the Doordarshan Kendra, Bangalore and is a ‘B’ grade artist.
Divya is equally competent in classical music. She is learning Karnatic Classical vocal from Vidushi Smt. Bharathi Venugopal and is currently training for VIDWAT level. She has also received the state scholarship for vocal music for the year 2001-2002.
Divya is furthering her talent in Instrument Veena under Vidushi Smt. SudhaVadiraj and is currently in training for VIDWAT level.
Academically Divya came out in flying colours with an Engineering Degree from Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering. Throughout her school and college days, she competed in numerous inter-school and inter-college competitions in Dance, Music, Debates etc., and winning prizes all the way.
Professionally, Divya is a Senior Software Engineer at Sterling Commerce, Bangalore.
The numerous pursuits have made Divya an excellent Organizer and time management is her forte. She is therefore able to devote time to teaching classical dance. Divya has been conducting Bharathanatya classes to young children for the past 7 years and her students have been appearing for the Dance examinations conducted by the State Government of Karnataka coming out in Distinction grades.
Divya seeks to evolve professionally and culturally at all times. She continually aims to reach greater heights with the support, wishes and blessings of her family, friends and connoisseurs of Art.
Performances at various places and dance festivals
- Hampi Utsava – Hampi 1998
- National science seminar – Delhi, Oct 1997
- Celebration of 50yrs of Independence – Raichur’ 1997
- Celebration of 50yrs of Independence – Adhoni’ 1997
- Annual dance festival – Belthangdy.
- Performed in Calcutta and Pollachi – 1998
- Bramhothsava @ Isckon, Bangalore – 2003,2004, and 2006.
- Yuva Chethana Organised by Sangeetha Nruthya Academy - 2004
- Every Wednesday cultural evening organized by the Kannada and Culture Dept-November,2005
- Devagiri Nruthyotsava in 2005, 2008 and 2009.
- Music and Dance Festival by Sangeetha Nruthya Academy – Raichur, Feb 2009
- “Raghunandana Vandana” – A dance recital specially on Lord Rama at Institute of World Culture, Bangalore – April 2009.
- Pallavotsava Dance festival - 2009, Organized by Vasundhara center for Performing Arts.
- Endowment Programme Organized by Indian Institute of World Culture – Nov’2009.
- Kotarotsava Cultural Festival – Sri Chennakeshava Temple, Belur – Jan 2010
Performance as a part of the major productions of Nayta Niketan
- Vittala Charithe
- Nachiyar Thirumozhi ( Dream of Aandal)
- Vande Mataram
- Vijayanagara Vaibhava
- Anthapura GeethegaLu
- Kannagiya Kaalanduge
- Sarvam Krishnamayam
- Bhavayami Raghuramam
- Dance Jaathre – 2008