Appasara Raamkummar [Classical Bharathanatyam Dancer]
Most of us have become so focused on what it is we think we want, we have forgotten what it is we are really seeking. We seldom ask ourselves 'What is it we really want?' When we go deeply into this question we find a common theme behind all our desires. We want to feel better. We may give this inner feeling various different names - joy, happiness, inner peace, satisfaction, fulfilment, bliss, contentment, ease, well-being, but however we describe the quality of mind we seek, the underlying motivation is the same. We are looking to avoid pain and suffering, and find a more enjoyable state of consciousness. This is one thing that unites us all; we all want to reduce our suffering and find a more comfortable, satisfying state of mind. I may decide to change jobs because I believe I will be happier.
So my father K.A.Raamkummar, put me in regular classical dance school under the able guidance of 'Kalaimamani' Smt. Uma Anand (Daughter of Late. Padmashri. K.N.Dandayudapani Pillai), a profound dance Lecturer in Annamalai University, Chidambaram. I also received enthusiastic learning and advanced training from my guru Smt. Uma Anand was the root cause of my early Arangetram despite only a few years of my learning. Dr. S.V.Narashiman chairman of Bharathiya Vidya Bhavan, Chennai Kendra, who presided over as a chief guest of my Arangetram on 27-01-1999 at Vani Mahal, under the auspicious of Sri Balaji Fine Arts, Chennai. He admired on my footwork, expression and bewitching eyes.
I was exhibited my talents for 20 days in Srilanka Tamil Sangam, Srilanka. I was given an opportunity to have a dance performance in Arulmigu Karpagambal Kapaleeswarar Koil, Mylapore Chennai, Arulmigu Dhandayuthapani Swamy Thirukoil Palani. My performance in Tamil Nadu Tourism Dance Festival at Mahabalipuram admired the entire Foriegners and our excellent audiences. Another opportunity to my footwork providing establishment of my caliber in Pollachi Tamil Isai Sangam, Pollachi and Palani Tamil Isai Sangam, Palani.
Sages consider it a visual sacrifice to satiate gods: Rudhra has bifurceated it in his own self which is merged with Uma: In it is seen with aesthetic experience, the diversities of the world which is prompted by the three qualities: natya is the one chief amusement for people of varying tastes.
Nrtta (dance) is occasioned by no specific need. It has emerged because it created beauty. Naturally everyone loves nrtta, hence it is eulogized as auspicious. Tandava is essentially for the adoration of Gods. Its delicately tender usage is connected with the experience of the feeling of love.
- September 1998 - Dance competition in Raj TV
- January 1999 - Arangettram, Vani Mahal, Chennai.
- 18-04-1999 - 'Salangaioli' at Mylapore Fine ArtsOA
- 04-07-1999 - MOP Vaishnava College, under the auspices of VDS Arts Academy.
- September 1999 - Chennai City Level Competition conducted by Prajapitha Kumari Eswari Vaishava Vidyalaya
- 24-10-1999 - Arulmigu Karpagambal Kapaleeswarar Koil, Mylapore, Chennai.
- 13-01-2000 - Karthik Fine Arts, Music Academy Mini Hall
- 12-04-2000 - Malayali Club, Chennai.
- 22-09-2000 - Yuva Utsav Series under the auspices of Bharat Kalachar, YGP Auditorium, Chennai
- 27-12-2000 - Tamil Nadu Tourism Dance Festival at Mahabalipuram
- 02-01-2001 - Indian Fine Arts, TPP 2000
- 03-02-2001 - Balaji Fine Arts, Vani Mahal, T.Nagar
- 15-06-2001 - MOP Vaishnava College, under the auspices of VDS Arts Academy
- 05-08-2001 - ISKCON, Chennai
- 28-08-2001 - Pollachi Tamil Isai Sangam, Pollachi
- 25-10-2001 - Sai Baba Temple, Mylapore
- 31-12-2001 - Arulmigu Karpagambal Kapaleeswarar Koil, Mylapore, Chennai.
- 01-01-2002 - Sai Baba Temple, Mylapore
- 04-01-2002 - Sri Kapali Fine Arts, Chennai
- 30-01-2002 - Nrithiyanjali Trust, Chennai
- 25-02-2002 - Conference of M/s. Ford Co.
- 26-05-2002 - Marriage Reception at Vandavasi
- 13-06-2002 - Reception at Chennai
- 02-07-2002 - Sasthiri Bhavan Fine Arts, Chennai
- 18-08-2002 - Chidambaram Aadi Festival
- 19-10-2002 - Palani Tamil Isai Sangam, Palani
- 24-11-2002 - Thaka Thimi Tha in Jaya TV
- 24-12-2002 - Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu presided Makkal Kural Editor's Daughter Marriage Reception
- 18-01-2003 - Palani 'Dandayuthapani Swami Temple's Thai Poosam Festival
- 03-03-2003 - Natyanjali Dance Festival, Chidambaram.
- 01-06-2003 to 25-06-2003 - Dance Programme at SRI LANKA.
- 30-06-2003 - Pollachi Tamil Isai Sangam, Pollachi
- 27-07-2003 - Salem Amateur Arts, Salem.
- 18-08-2003 - Karthik Fine Arts, Chennai.
- 22-01-2004 - Prajapitha Bramma Kumari Eswariya Vaishva Vidyalaya
- 22-02-2004 - Prajapitha Bramma Kumari Eswariya Vaishva Vidyalaya
- 27-02-2004 - Prajapitha Bramma Kumari Eswariya Vaishva Vidyalaya
- 17-08-2005 to 28-08-2005 - Chidambaram Dance Festival 2004, Chidambaram,
NRITYANJALI TRUST CHIDAMABARAM FESTIVAL,CHIDABARAM
CROTIA DANCE FESTIVAL,CROTIA THRO, I.C.C.R.
- 17-12-2005 - Arulmigu Varasakthi Vinayakar Temple, Besant Nagar, Chennai
- 25-12-2005 - Kamatchi Dasar Religious Trust, Guduvanchery
- 18-01-2006 - Arulmigu Udipi Krishna Devasthanam, Mohiniattam
- 26-02-2006 - Tiruvaiyaru Shivarathiri Dance Festival
- 26-02-2006 - Tanjai Shivarathiri Dance Festival - Tanjore
- 03-03-2006 - Kalahasti Shivarathiri Dance Festival, Mohiniattam
Prizes and Awards
- First Prize - Bharatham Competition Raj TV
- First Prize - City Level Dance Competition, Prajapitha Bramma Kumari Eswariya Vaishva Vidyalaya
- Award - 'Natya Kala Ratna' award by Chennai Social and Cultural Academy
- Award - 'Best Child Artist' Award (Stage Play) Mylapore Academy, Chennai.
- Award - Achiever's Award received from Tuticorin Cable TV
- Award - 'Nrithya Rathna' Award by Kamatchi Dasar Religious Trust
Won prizes from various institutions also.
Various Leading Magazines have published appraisals
- The Hindu - English Daily
- The Indian Express - English Daily
- News Today - English Daily
- Dina Mani - Tamil Daily
- Dina Malar - Tamil Daily
- Dina Thanthi - Tamil Daily
- Dinakaran - Tamil Daily
- Makkal Kural - Tamil Daily
- Malai Murasu - Tamil Daily
- Madurai Mani - Tamil Weekly
- Dina Mani Kadhir - Tamil Weekly
- Tamil Arasi - Tamil Weekly
- Saravana Store - Tamil Weekly
- Adyar Times - English Weekly
- Apoorva Raaga - Tamil Monthly
- Malai Sudar - Tamil Daily
- Alli Thantha Vaanam Cinema, TV Interview Comedy Scene with Vivek
- Charli Chaplin
- Inithu inithu khadhal inithu
- Malini - Tamil
- Savthiri - Tamil
- Thuru Pidikatha Manasu - Tamil
- Police Dairy - Tamil
- Krishna Dhasi - Tamil
- Salanam - Tamil
- Robo Raja - Tamil
- Manaivi - Tamil
- Vikramathithan - Tamil
- Raja Rajeswari
- Tuticorin Cable TV Compere - Live
- Madras DD, Podigai Compere - Recorded
- MCN Channel TV, Erode Compere - Live
- CTN Channel TV, Salem Compere - Live
- Rotary Club - Vellore Quiz - Live
- GTV, Chengalpet Compere - Live
- Polimier Cable TV, Salem Compere - Live
- Thiruthani Local TV Compere - Live
- Arakonam Local TV Compere - Live
New No. 12, 9th Lane,
Sasthri Nagar, Adyar
Chennai - 600 020.
Tamil Nadu, India
Phone No. 91-44-2491 0522, 91-44-4201 8196
Mobile: 98407 89994