The first ever Indian classical dancer motivating the Kathak lovers through first ever classical dance show “Nritya Naad” at Zee network thrice every day Acharyaa Pratishtha is blessed with the true blessings of Lord Shiva who is Yogiraj as well as Natraj at the same time as she believes both the arts are deeply connected to each other.
Daughter of world acclaimed Yog Guru ‘Padma Shri’ Bharat Bhushan ji, Acharyaa Pratishtha has beautifully combined the grace of kathak, confidence of theatre, and agility of yog and has evolved a unique dance style of her own.
Through her performance at various prestigious dance festivals through out the world she has carved special place for herself among the performers of kathak dance.
Post Graduate of Kathak Kendra, National Institute of Kathak, New Delhi as a topper for entire period of 6 years she started learning kathak at the tender age of 5 and is also:
- ‘M.A. - Post Graduate’ (1st division) from Khairagrah University
- ‘Visharad’ (1st division) from ‘Bhatkhande MahaVidyala’
- ‘Prabhakar’ (1st division) from ‘Prayag Sangit Samiti’, Allahbad.
- Empanelled Artist of ICCR (Indian Council for Cultural Relations).
- Graded artist of Doordarshan.
Acharyaa Pratishtha, a disciple of kathak maestro ‘Guru Pandit Rajendra Gangani’ of Jaipur Gharana has attained exemplary proficiency in ‘laya’, ‘footwork’, ‘chakkar’ (pirouettes) and above all ‘Bhaava’ (expressions) and has performed all over world as group and solo presentations.
As a dancer she has given innumerable performances and lecture demonstrations and has conducted many workshops for Indian as well as foreign enthusiasts. She has performed at:
- Charity Show for tsunami victims- Jakarta, Indonesia
- ICCR Presentation (in presence of President of Iceland and Mr. APJ Abul Kalam President of India)- Reykjevik, Iceland.
- Zen Temple- Japan
- Carnegie Hall- U.S.A.
- Dikshant Festival- New Delhi (2001, 2005, 2007)
- World Tourism Day-New Delhi (in presence of Mr. Jagmohan, tourism minister, govt. of India)
- I.C.C.R Presentation-New Delhi. (in presence of Mrs. Sushma Swaraj, Information and broad casting minister, Govt. of India)
- I.C.C.R Horizon series - Varanasi.
- International Yoga festival- Rishikesh, Uttaranchal
- Siemens Company International conference- Mumbai, Delhi, Goa, Mussorie & Agra
- Cisco Company International Conference – Delhi
- Pravasi Bhartiya (NRI) International Seminar– Rishikesh
- World Women’s Day- New Delhi
- India International Centre – New Delhi
- World Cancer day - Rishikesh
- Rashtra Vandana Samaroh- Baghpat, U.P.
- Teejotsava- Ludhiana, Panjab
- Pavas Mahotsava- U.P
- Ek Shaam Pratishtha k Naam at Gughaal Mela- Saharanpur, U.P.
- Meeting of health ministers from 13 countries organized by ‘World Health Organization’ – Ashoka Hotel, New Delhi
- Kathak Katha Festival- Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh
- ONGC- Dehradun, Uttaranchal
- NCZCC- Allahbad, U.P.
- INTACH (Indian National Trust for art and culture) –New Delhi
- PSK (Purva Sanskritik Kendra) – Delhi
- Kathak festival- Udaipur, Rajasthan
- Delhi Doordarshan
- Zee Network etc.
She has conceptualized, composed & choreographed many compositions:
- ‘Yoga Presentation’ for Arogya-2006 by ministry of health, Govt. of India.
- Strength, Stamina And Speed… Knowing ourselves…
- Shiven Seh Naratanam… Dancing With Shiva…
- Sacrifice… a patriotic Kathak Presentation based on martyrs of the Nation.
- Togetherness… A fusion of dance and Yoga
- Moods… the Expression of feelings
- Dance To Trance …
- Krishna the Perfection…
- Amvaad the dialogue…
- Aananda the real bliss…
- Moksha the final destination…
- Panchtatva the five elements…Etc.
In her student life she got the opportunity to work with ranking kathak gurus such as Guru Rajendra Gangani, Guru Jaikishan Maharaj, Guru Geetanjali Lal and Guru Aditi Mangaldas at different festivals such as:
- Lachoo Maharaj Kathak Mahotsava- New Delhi
- State Film Festival- New Delhi & Tiruvantpuram
- Kathak Kendra Presentations- Kerela (Thrissur, Cheruthurthy etc.)
- Jaipur Kathak Mahotsava- Jaipur
- Taj Mahotsava- Agra
- Resonance of India- Old fort, New Delhi etc.
After completing her training at National School of Dance she tried to combine the modern time with taditional Kathak and along with her traditional kathak performances she started giving contemporary presentations based on kathak and yog, which came out as a divine dance.
She even tried to keep the tradition of “katha Kahe so kathak kehlaye” alive by her Nritya maya Krishna Katha.
She has received many awards and honors from different organizations:
Topper of 3 years honors course as well as 2 year post diploma course at Kathak Kendra, National Institute of Kathak Dance, New Delhi
- Scholarship by Kathak Kendra.
- National Scholarship by Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India.
- ‘Manasi Kala Samman’
- ‘Kathak Samragyi’,
- ‘Natya Kala Ratna Samman’,
- ‘Shreshtha Nagrik Samman’
Apart from dancing she is ‘Prabhakar’ with 1st division in tabla, is an ‘A’ grade theatre artist and writes beautiful poetry. She reflects feminity in its totality and is a perfect example of culture, logic, grace, glamour and magnetism.
Oct 2007 media launched her as the Yougest Yogacharyaa as well as MIND THERAPIST. She has given her yoga postures for a popular ad film ‘Incredible India’ by Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of India and for T.V serial ‘Yog Sadhna’ at Doordarshan and ‘Total Tandurusti’ at zee News
Her Yoga show ‘jago Bharat Dhyan Yog Andolan’ is at telecast every day at Zee Jagran Channel thrice a day and has been invited regularly at India TV and Zee News etc for interviews and yoga talks.